2 new echo's

THE88MAN

Echo (Kioritz) engines - like a lot of warming up and a lot of running in. It's a sign of the thermal characterisitcs of the cylinder material and in Kioritz' case it's as good as it gets. Got a 600, can't wait to get a 620 :thumbup:

this gringo knows his Echo saws as that's eggsactly my experience with an Echo climbing saw. I really loike it. :thumbup1:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been using echo saws for 9 years now got a echo cs330t echo cs420es and now have the cs360tes and had a echo cs280es and a echo hedge trimmer but that got nicked and a echo grass trimmer that's 11 years old now and runs perfect and its never had any parts not a air filter spark plug and it gets used very week echo are good stuff just take a minute to warm the engine or tickle the throttle on start up

Had both a month now,620sx and 360 topper,lose the stigma guys and get these saws! 620 is no 560xp but has the grunt of a 372,sugi bar,excellent build quality and a pleasure to use.As for the topper nobody rates the 201t and all the 540's seem to fall apart,this alternative is a stop moaning option! solid,responsive,torquey,a breath of fresh air (a tad heavy if I could pick fault).With the APF coming up I feel sure their market share will increase,well done echo from my corner :thumbup:

Have you binned the spark arrestors? :thumbup1:

Had both a month now,620sx and 360 topper,lose the stigma guys and get these saws! 620 is no 560xp but has the grunt of a 372,sugi bar,excellent build quality and a pleasure to use.As for the topper nobody rates the 201t and all the 540's seem to fall apart,this alternative is a stop moaning option! solid,responsive,torquey,a breath of fresh air (a tad heavy if I could pick fault).With the APF coming up I feel sure their market share will increase,well done echo from my corner :thumbup:

thats great news keep posting on your progress with them :thumbup1:

the 620 seems to be having glowing reports i personally think that when you start going over 60cc the torque factor becomes more important than the high end revving and it sounds like this saw has it in large amounts :thumbup::thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I'm dragging up an old post here but there are a lot of Echo fans here and I'm still thinking of buying one. I'm looking at the CS450, but the same weight(ish) Stihl is running a whole kw more power! MS261 is 2.9kw and the CS450 is only 1.9kw. I'm worried that this difference is going to be very obvious? Or are the figures fudged by the bigger names (minus fuel/bar weight etc)?

My previous saws have been a Husky 254xp, Stihl 026 then a 260. I wouldn't expect it to match the 254 but will this Echo come close to the Stihls?

I'm dragging up an old post here but there are a lot of Echo fans here and I'm still thinking of buying one. I'm looking at the CS450, but the same weight(ish) Stihl is running a whole kw more power! MS261 is 2.9kw and the CS450 is only 1.9kw. I'm worried that this difference is going to be very obvious? Or are the figures fudged by the bigger names (minus fuel/bar weight etc)?

My previous saws have been a Husky 254xp, Stihl 026 then a 260. I wouldn't expect it to match the 254 but will this Echo come close to the Stihls?

My guess is that it wouldn't be a whole 1kW but perhaps 0.6-0.8. No doubt, Echo choose to down-tune for longevity and lower engine stresses. The 620SX is very slightly down on the classic 60cc output of 4.6hp; I kinda respect them for refusing to push it.