Bin lorry for Arb work.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone round our way used to use one about 15 yrs or so ago, used to advertise it as being better due to there being no spores spread due to no chipping or some such tosh.

A guy near Hooley had one, discharge into the field as a squarish block that retained its shape remarkably well

I used to run teams on the motorway network for the highways agency and used them when clearing overgrown ditches!

I did the ditches around Avonmouth with a 25 tonne 360 with extra long booms so I could get to the other side of the ditches. Had a ditching bucket with a finger cutter on the front so could cut the brambles and tough stuff before getting to the ditch, then cut the reeds and take all the silt out. Dropped this behind the dustcart and loaded it with a 3 tonne machine! We used to get loads in and the compressor squeezed the water out the bottom!!

Had a 23tonne dustcart with 18tonne capacity and still managed to overload it by 5.5 tonne over the weighbridge, thought something was amiss when the arches rubbed the wheels going round corners:thumbup::lol:

Dustcarts have there uses but I don't think everyday use for normal arb work is really there thing!

I think the Japanese use brash compactor lorries. I saw it in an old essential arb. Looks a great idea and much quieter than a chipper. They seemed very similar to bin wagons

Well it crossed my mind because it negates the need for an expensive to run chipper.

A bin lorry should cost the same as running a normal lorry.

Although turning up in a bin lorry to prune Mrs Miggins' Apple tree may be a bit OTT. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.