Bin lorry for Arb work.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I can foresee is: What the hell do you do with a massive block of compressed trees?? :confused1:

River bank protection, sea defence, hurdles, fencing, horse jumps, decoy duck tunnels/forcers, wetland creation (like a beaver dam), pre made dead hedging, game lifters, wind breaks, winter fodder, eco friendly deer fencing for coppice/plantations/certain crops, habitat piles for bugs, hedgehogs etc, bonfires for events, weather resisting covers for straw stacks......

River bank protection, sea defence, hurdles, fencing, horse jumps, decoy duck tunnels/forcers, wetland creation (like a beaver dam), pre made dead hedging, game lifters, wind breaks, winter fodder, eco friendly deer fencing for coppice/plantations/certain crops, habitat piles for bugs, hedgehogs etc, bonfires for events, weather resisting covers for straw stacks......

Yes I know Dan and they are all valid but I live in urban/leafy Surrey so finding homes for these big blocks every week could be tricky, or impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

I realise that, it was more a stream of consciousness. Maybe you could get into a group with other contractors doing the same thing, stockpile your bales then wham them all through a biomass chipper. Though this is obviously flawed.

Round here there's anglia wood fuels who run a big crane fed chipper on a lorry. Someone like that might be interested in LOTS of brash to chip, species dependant...... still just thinking out loud

I dont see the difference between disposing of green waste or compacted green waste. The stations charge by the weight, if your burning it there is no difference, if your fly tipping it will only need a smaller layby:confused1:. . The concept is a good one , there was a London tree outfit that used full sized dust carts with the timberwolfs behind . They could run all day with a five man crew without going back to the yard, I have also noticed there is a canter sized dustcart made now so that may be a bit less cumbersome.

Bob

Forestry commission bale brash from big thining and final fell sites. It goes straight to the biomass power stations.

You could sell them I suppose to the power stations all you have to do is find space to store them till you have a lorry load.

Thinking about it you would nearly have an artic load with one.

As my dad would say there is money in waste... Well words to that affect.