Driver CPC

Alycidon

If they decide you need CPC your license will be revoked until you have one, the training has now been on the cards for 10 years but most thought it would go away so ignored it, my tutor is now booked solid beyond the cut off date.

I am struggling to see how they will get away with that one if you are towing and on a standard licence.

Just a whole load more useless crap to put up with, bought in by incompetent morons who don't actually live in the real world

Rant over

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that from Sept 14 all people driving medium good vechicles needing C1 or C1+E for hire and reward may now need an additional driver CPC. This means big vans or 4x4s pulling trailers.

If you're worrying about your defender, I think you may be getting a little mixed up as a defender and trailer would be B+E (vehicle up to 3500kg plus trailer)

C1 is vehicles over 3500kg.

The CPC courses cover numerous aspects including tachographs & operation, first aid, daily checks, compliance, safety, penalties, driver essentials etc. Driving is not the main part of my job but good luck to anyone pulled after Sept 10th by VOSA or DVSA as it is now as it's there decision that counts, I would be surprised if anyone won an argument with this authority.

If they decide you need CPC your HGV license will be revoked until you have one, the training has now been on the cards for 10 years but most thought it would go away so ignored it, my tutor is now booked solid beyond the cut off date.

Fixed that for you:001_rolleyes:

Certificate Of Professional Competence. Did mine at the start of the year. Thirty five hours in the classroom and a bill of £360. So you lose a weeks' work and pay another weeks' work to continue driving something you've been driving for the last 20 years!. There are 5 different modules but nothing to stop you doing the same module 5 times which makes a farce of the whole thing. The haulage industry are reckoning on at least 3,ooo drivers of a certain age not bothering and calling it a day in November.

If you're worrying about your defender, I think you may be getting a little mixed up as a defender and trailer would be B+E (vehicle up to 3500kg plus trailer)

C1 is vehicles over 3500kg.

On my credit card type licence it says C1+ E with a pic of a 4x4 and a trailer.

Took me all day to get anyone at VOSA to talk to me, in the end I got a girl who gave me the normal number. This had a 45 min queue at 10am this morning and only opens till 12 midday.

Speaking to an HGV operator this evening he thinks that as tacho is required then so will driver CPC. He doubts VOSA will advise, seems they usually say take legal advise or test the law in court. No reply to my Saturday E mail yet.

A

On my credit card type licence it says C1+ E with a pic of a 4x4 and a trailer.

Took me all day to get anyone at VOSA to talk to me, in the end I got a girl who gave me the normal number. This had a 45 min queue at 10am this morning and only opens till 12 midday.

Speaking to an HGV operator this evening he thinks that as tacho is required then so will driver CPC. He doubts VOSA will advise, seems they usually say take legal advise or test the law in court. No reply to my Saturday E mail yet.

A

FFS your mate is wrong, just the quickest look on the net

https://www.gov.uk/driver-cpc-exemptions-examples

You don't need a CPC if driving isn't your main occupation

Well a read of that link says to me if you're driving around selling logs you do need it. Their example is,

' Driver E

Driver E is a farmer. On an average of once a month, they transport some of their livestock to a local cattle market for auction. They need to have Driver*CPC*when doing this, as they’re not carrying materials or equipment for their use in the course of their work –they’re carrying cattle intended for sale.'

Dave

Well a read of that link says to me if you're driving around selling logs you do need it. Their example is,

' Driver E

Driver E is a farmer. On an average of once a month, they transport some of their livestock to a local cattle market for auction. They need to have Driver*CPC*when doing this, as they’re not carrying materials or equipment for their use in the course of their work –they’re carrying cattle intended for sale.'

Dave

Depends on what vehicle you are driving

If its bigger than 3500kg (transit, cabstar etc) then yes.