Pick up truck

Rodeodog

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look for a D22 BUT check it service history. if its a yD25 has engine been replaced if not what miles if its 70k then walk it will go bang if not replaced or modified.

have one with new engine can not fault it does what it says on tin good on fuel comfy can be a bit tight in back. if long legs.

good off road tows well what more can i say think its a cracking truck.

as for D40 not owned one so can not comment.

speak to Dave at billcar engineering he does all 4x4,s so will give you some pointers to look out for

as for rubbish. ypu can clean my out on a daily basis and it still gets filled as for there cars say no more think they work for local refuse company

Defiantly the Navara! My first truck was a Mazda B2500 but now have the Navara Aventura with all the toys. Really nice drive with about 34-38 mpg and about 33 towing. Non chipped. Very much like driving a car, and wouldn't have another make of pick up. Thumbs up from me and the misses!

look for a D22 BUT check it service history. if its a yD25 has engine been replaced if not what miles if its 70k then walk it will go bang if not replaced or modified.

have one with new engine can not fault it does what it says on tin good on fuel comfy can be a bit tight in back. if long legs.

good off road tows well what more can i say think its a cracking truck.

as for D40 not owned one so can not comment.

speak to Dave at billcar engineering he does all 4x4,s so will give you some pointers to look out for

as for rubbish. ypu can clean my out on a daily basis and it still gets filled as for there cars say no more think they work for local refuse company

Have a D22 with YD25 engine . Had it since 17k .Now 82K . Change the oil and filter every 6K No problems ....yet . Very last of that model 2005 reg . Might be lucky .... Good truck for me .

Have a D22 with YD25 engine . Had it since 17k .Now 82K . Change the oil and filter every 6K No problems ....yet . Very last of that model 2005 reg . Might be lucky .... Good truck for me .

I had an 05 too, and I use the word had in the correct sense; I serviced it regularly, although not as much as you Stubby probably every 15k, but it still gave up on 115k.

Attempted a rebuild, got it going but it was never the same; got shot of it in the end :thumbdown:

Good luck with yours.........:thumbup:

I had an 05 too, and I use the word had in the correct sense; I serviced it regularly, although not as much as you Stubby probably every 15k, but it still gave up on 115k.

Attempted a rebuild, got it going but it was never the same; got shot of it in the end :thumbdown:

Good luck with yours.........:thumbup:

Thing is Andrew it says in the book every 6k so I do . As I understand it there was a bad batch of conrod bolts and the tendancy for No 3 to let go and go through the block .