the demon booze

miker

I like a drink but not in a big scale. Yeah I go out and have a catch up with friends and blow off a little steam once in a blue moon but not often. Usually just have a couple of beers with tea, maybe even just a shandy after a good day as a treat. Don't really see it as a problem. Have been on an ecig for a couple of years now and have to admit, I do feel better for it but can't help but think I would feel better without it...ah well, everyone has their vices I spose

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to drink. It helps me sleep. Its summer, I live in New York, on the beach. Gawd it would be boring not to! Last week I went dry and for 2 niights could not sleep a wink, mind buzzing like crazy. Even tried melatonin to help sleep but it didnt happen., Functioned ok the nest day though. Moderation is where it matters boys. If it starts to become a problem and affect the way you handle life then its time to stop. Control it and dont let it control you!

I developed an intolerance to alcohol and after 1 bottle of beer was getting the bile for 24 hrs and the shakes for days after it. I gave up drink hogmany 13 years ago and haven't had a drink since. It was hard to start off with going out with friends etc but I have to say now I never miss it. No week long hangovers, waking up fresh every morning and when your out and the weather turns crap no waiting for taxis. I also gave up caffeine 8 years ago and feel better for that too. First few months are the hardest but stick in its worth it.

I like to drink. It helps me sleep. Its summer, I live in New York, on the beach. Gawd it would be boring not to! Last week I went dry and for 2 niights could not sleep a wink, mind buzzing like crazy. Even tried melatonin to help sleep but it didnt happen., Functioned ok the nest day though. Moderation is where it matters boys. If it starts to become a problem and affect the way you handle life then its time to stop. Control it and dont let it control you!

after about 3 or 4 nights with no drink you will start to sleep like a baby. I have and it's great

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Any body got any cures for hangovers. Not good this morning

on a school night as well?

depends how bad you are??

either a big fried breakfast and some exercise....... or a couple of beers !!

Edited by IanW

I never used to go for a blow out. I used to enjoy a couple of cans of 3% dutch lager hollandia. Then Asda stopped it. So 2-3 cans of strong bow a night may be 5 at the weekend. Not had a hang over for at least 15 years but went from enjoying it to needing it. I functioned ok but you dont realise even a couple of pints a night zaps your energy levels.

It helped me get to sleep but it was not quality sleep I was often yawning during the day. Now it may take ten minutes to nod off but sleep like a baby and no 3am toilet visit.

I am planning to have the odd pint when out and have no problem with drinking especially if you have it under control but it can just creep up on you. If you struggle to have a couple of nights off you could be on the way to a problem. The quicker you sort it the easier it is.

it's the 1 or 2 you have every night with your tea or when your winding down that can be a problem, sooner than you think you can easily have been drinking for months.

the fact that it's sociable, enjoyable and you can associate drinking with having a good time.

it can very easily sneak up on you.

I never used to go for a blow out. I used to enjoy a couple of cans of 3% dutch lager hollandia. Then Asda stopped it. So 2-3 cans of strong bow a night may be 5 at the weekend. Not had a hang over for at least 15 years but went from enjoying it to needing it. I functioned ok but you dont realise even a couple of pints a night zaps your energy levels.

It helped me get to sleep but it was not quality sleep I was often yawning during the day. Now it may take ten minutes to nod off but sleep like a baby and no 3am toilet visit.

I am planning to have the odd pint when out and have no problem with drinking especially if you have it under control but it can just creep up on you. If you struggle to have a couple of nights off you could be on the way to a problem. The quicker you sort it the easier it is.

Give it time. :001_smile: