New timberwolf 150

jack88

Well, looking to sell my 150 early next year so its an option. Was playing chipper Top Trumps today in the van, really is neck and neck between it and the Forst when you weigh up prices, warranties, +e needed etc etc

Priorities for chipper choice IMO should be in this order:

Performance/reliability.

Support from dealer.

Price.

Price is actually a non issue in my opinion because whilst it's working it's earning money.

If it's broken or waiting three weeks for a part, it's costing money.

I've used Timberwolf 150, and the Schleising, Bandit and Jensen counterparts.

The TW150 is the worst performer by far due to the design.

However, I've seen the new one on the turntable which looks like a proper commercial performer.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard the new timberwolf will have a tracked version available around November but don't think they are going to have a vtr as the body of the machine is wider than the 150 is now and so won't be able to narrow the tracks in very far.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If that's the case I won't be buying one. I will just upgrade my 150 VTR to greaseable bearings and steel fan blades. It will be a let down if thy don't make a VTR. Is the Forst variable tracks?

Hodge

What does the VTR weigh Hodge?

What trailer do you use?

I'm interested in a tracked machine you could feed whilst still in the trailer, if that makes sense?

Just to save time on domestic driveway jobs.

I appreciate the hopper height would be high.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

My hopper is not the folding type, you can get a Brian James trailer that is a low ride trailer and makes it just like a road tow, mine is a GX84 ifor and I manage just fine. It weighs just over a tonne.

Hodge

What does the VTR weigh Hodge?

What trailer do you use?

I'm interested in a tracked machine you could feed whilst still in the trailer, if that makes sense?

Just to save time on domestic driveway jobs.

I appreciate the hopper height would be high.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I think no matter what sort of trailer you had it would always be too high to use for any amount of chipping. Would be ok for pulling up and boshing little jobs out here and there though

I think no matter what sort of trailer you had it would always be too high to use for any amount of chipping. Would be ok for pulling up and boshing little jobs out here and there though

My GX84 has a ramp up the back, we do quite a lot of small jobs as Steve describes and it is fine but for longer jobs I put the chipper in the drive and back in the landy and its spot on, it takes about 2 mins to take off the chipper and un hitch the trailer and park it up.

Hodge

My GX84 has a ramp up the back, we do quite a lot of small jobs as Steve describes and it is fine but for longer jobs I put the chipper in the drive and back in the landy and its spot on, it takes about 2 mins to take off the chipper and un hitch the trailer and park it up.

Hodge

Often wondered if you could get away with just having a tracked chipper but always thought the same as mentioned above.

Does sound a handy setup, got a photo to hand for reference?