Should be getting paid holiday pay???

desired_affect

run run run

mate this joker is really chancing his arm and yours, you wonder if he treats you in this way what else he is scrimping on. you have a fundimantal right to at least a statment of employment that lays out your hours, if you work a full time 5 day week bout 8 hour day i think with bank hols you are now allowed 28 day a year.

i would really seriously get some advice and get another job, does he supplie your ppe pay for your training etc??????

kev

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

run run run

mate this joker is really chancing his arm and yours, you wonder if he treats you in this way what else he is scrimping on. you have a fundimantal right to at least a statment of employment that lays out your hours, if you work a full time 5 day week bout 8 hour day i think with bank hols you are now allowed 28 day a year.

i would really seriously get some advice and get another job, does he supplie your ppe pay for your training etc??????

kev

I am above minimum wage at £7 per hour, Ive had to find funding my self for trainning and all my ppe and climbing kit inspections.

But your the Boss Mick, thats fair enough for you as you make your choices as to when to work and how much to charge etc. Its not fair for the young lad to be available 5 days a week and have no say in what he actually does or the hours he gets.

Its a tough world for sure but decency is possible to find.

For me if I don't work I spend all day eating instead!!

But your the Boss Mick, thats fair enough for you as you make your choices as to when to work and how much to charge etc. Its not fair for the young lad to be available 5 days a week and have no say in what he actually does or the hours he gets.

Its a tough world for sure but decency is possible to find.

For me if I don't work I spend all day eating instead!!

Fair enough Rupe, but even way back in 82 I never had a 'proper' job and unless I worked I went hungry. I think that some kids (no disrespect) want things handed to them on a plate. Soldier on and one day you will be able to call the shots and reap the benefits. I always knew way back then that someday I would be in charge of my own destiny if I knuckled down and did as I was told to learn a trade......Twenty three is so young. Learn as much as you can then go it alone. Dont do the same as me and wait til your in your early thirties.

i was thinking about this today, its a bit unfair to presume so much about the boss, we might be hearing a one sided story. you might even be totally useless mate and the guy is doing you a favour and just hasnt the heart to lay you off. personally if i have a grievance i take it up with the person involved, that is what you have to do. even if it makes you nervous or even a bit scared you have to for your own sake. whats the worse that can happen?. if you have bills to pay and loans from the bank, that is your problem, no one elses. i went self employed when i was 23. if you find excuses not to move on or man up, its your problem so live with it. forget he is the boss, i dont care if someone is a boss,a mate, a millionaire or a tramp. i treat every one with respect and i expect it back.

Just had a look at the figures involved here....

It works out on 6k a year at £7 p/h that you are only working 21 weeks of the year??

Honestly mate, if you work basically full time, or work commited to this chap for 6k a year - you're a mug!

You should talk to your boss about your grievances, not have a discussion about it here.. your boss is the only one who can change any of it.

If it was me, I would be down the road with someone else, and with a contract of employment, good terms and good pay - or self employed slogging it like the rest.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!