How are people finding their new Ford Ranger?

Andrew Barrett

Don't forget also that Oz and NZ are more likely to abuse machinery as they are not as weighed down with liability and leglistation. It could be a factor, also modern low emission engines are more fussy.

"She'll be right mate, she'll either pull it or she won't"

Not stereotyping our down under rellys, but it is different there.

We dont abuse them, we just actively seek out manufactured engineering shortcomings through overenthusiastic exploration of performance potential.

You should thank us for culling out the weak (probably why they dont send us many landrovers):001_smile:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont abuse them, we just actively seek out manufactured engineering shortcomings through overenthusiastic exploration of performance potential.

You should thank us for culling out the weak (probably why they dont send us many landrovers):001_smile:

True, Hard case :laugh1:

Thats why you have fantastic jet boats and other extreme ways of achieving things we like. Bungee devices etc.:thumbup1:

I have a 2013 Ranger 2.2 limited lovely motor had a few problems though. front drive shaft snapped after 20k miles its just gone back for a recall about them catching on fire!!!! the plastic trim on the seat which has all the electric seat adjustment keeps snapping and falling off they replaced it for the first year but now will not! other than that I love it tows really well and up to 3.5 ton fuel is great and it looks smart as when you turn up on a site

I have the same, a 2013 2.2 double cab limited. Great truck, not done much heavy towing, mainly chipper, but drives great and will also sit happily cruising on motor way and do 30mpg. Looks smart for work and quoting, and perfect for sticking family in too. Only issues were a intermittent fault on drivers window switch, loose rear view mirror trim and a very slight cough in second gear under acceleration, but these have all been sorted under warranty. Bit of a jump up from my 1996 double cab hilux! that unfortunately has to go due to London lez :-(

Sent from my D5503 using Arbtalk mobile app

• 2 months later...

Just going to bump this back with a question or two.

GreenMech have gone onto these for the reps tow tugs etc. Mine was an ex demo as we needed one short notice. '63 plate with 20k on it and while I find it comfortable and capable, I have a slight cough/hesitancy when using light throttle in 1st or 2nd, the "sooty oil" warning light came on about 2k ago and I feel the clutch action awful!

The clutch is the most concerning as it is a dual mass jobby in there which will fail....The clutch action almost feels like something is going over center and bang the clutch is in!

Another quirk seems to be that to use the bluetooth system, I have to have the radio on, what if I don't want to listen to the radio?

Anyone got anything to add or comment about?

Just going to bump this back with a question or two.

GreenMech have gone onto these for the reps tow tugs etc. Mine was an ex demo as we needed one short notice. '63 plate with 20k on it and while I find it comfortable and capable, I have a slight cough/hesitancy when using light throttle in 1st or 2nd, the "sooty oil" warning light came on about 2k ago and I feel the clutch action awful!

The clutch is the most concerning as it is a dual mass jobby in there which will fail....The clutch action almost feels like something is going over center and bang the clutch is in!

Another quirk seems to be that to use the bluetooth system, I have to have the radio on, what if I don't want to listen to the radio?

Anyone got anything to add or comment about?

sounds like the springs have gone weak in the dmf causing the clutch to snatch. The sudden take up on the clutch may be making the pump cut back to save emmissions or the software needs an up date or new throttle switch. Get it sorted before warranty ends they have a habit of finding problems after 3 years.

Collected the car, they charged £277 inc vat which is good value. Tyres appear to have lost some 3mm in 20k miles which could mean that they should get to 60-70k.

See how we go on!

Did I miss something ?

What have they charged you £277 for ?