Fuel measurement : Pump or split can?

DWestbrook

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy the Stihl 100ml shots. Easy, no mess, £1 each. Pour it in, then leave the bottle upside down in the spout of the can for a few moments to make sure you get it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

i have an old one shot bottle i fill

i have an old one shot bottle i fill

me too i fill it to the brim with full synth 2t oil then tip into a 5ltr container then top up with 5ltrs fuel ans swill the one shot bottle with a bit of fuel and add that to the mix and give the can a good shake everytime before i fill the saw up and always keep the can out the sunshine stops the can bloating up

me too i fill it to the brim with full synth 2t oil then tip into a 5ltr container then top up with 5ltrs fuel ans swill the one shot bottle with a bit of fuel and add that to the mix and give the can a good shake everytime before i fill the saw up and always keep the can out the sunshine stops the can bloating up

so that was todays problem

bloated can....=too much fuel.

20L jerry cans from pump and 450ml of oil via measuring jug.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

For years thats what we have done and had no problems whatsoever , because the workforce have been dispersed recently they have been doing their own and somehow been making mistakes with ratios on part fills and guessing the oil quantities. The results are two dead ms 880`s ,

Bob

imagejpg1_zps36407323.jpg

For years thats what we have done and had no problems whatsoever , because the workforce have been dispersed recently they have been doing their own and somehow been making mistakes with ratios on part fills and guessing the oil quantities. The results are two dead ms 880`s ,

Bob

JHC!!!

What is it with this refusal to simply empty one fuel can/jar into another, or fill empty tanks on tools.

To get an empty can.

In order to mix a full 5l or 10l or 20l.

My staff had me incoherent with frustration with their ad lib/split quantity /this is near enough fuel mixes.

Then blaming the plugs/strimmers for being "crap".

Generally because they always erred on the side of caution and added extra oil, therby inevitibly fouling the plug.

The other entirely alien concept is occassionally turning the strimmer upside down and emptying the last splash of fuel out (& into a container for filtering and re-use obviously) simply TO cleanse the tank of the crud, grit, and globules of water.

marcus

As people have said not being exactly 50:1 won't make a big difference.

You get a bit of free fuel that stuck in the pipes before you press the trigger so then surely if you're measuring to 5.00 it's inaccurate.

No you don't.

The trigger is the valve, it starts and stops metering from there.