Best Compact Digital Camera for around £150

Ben

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PowerShot-SX110-Digital-Camera/dp/B001EO750O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243546325&sr=8-1]Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Digital Camera - Black 3.0'': Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

thats what i bought a few months ago, amazing value for money, spend the extra 20 quid, its worth it, but perhaps its a bit chunkier than a compact.

Why bother, I just got a free upgrade on my phone, which has 8mp camera with image stabilisation and really good camera featurtes.

Its also a phone of course and a satnav and mp3 player etc, I got it because I was sick of wanting to take pics and forgetting the camera, whereas I always have my phone.:001_smile:

this is the one, I'm sure there are other good camera phones out there too.

Tocco Ultra Edition Overview - Samsung Mobile

I was told ,when I brought my Cannon Ixy ,in Japan, a few years ago that the Powershot was actually a better camera and it was cheaper. was just a bit blucky for me, plus not so shiny. :001_tt1: still think my Ixy/Ixsus takes pretty good photo’s though

Why bother, I just got a free upgrade on my phone, which has 8mp camera with image stabilisation and really good camera featurtes.

Its also a phone of course and a satnav and mp3 player etc, I got it because I was sick of wanting to take pics and forgetting the camera, whereas I always have my phone.:001_smile:

this is the one, I'm sure there are other good camera phones out there too.

Tocco Ultra Edition Overview - Samsung Mobile

Tom I'm due an upgrade mate, and can have one of those.

Have you uploaded/printed any pics yet? Any good?

Tom I'm due an upgrade mate, and can have one of those.

Have you uploaded/printed any pics yet? Any good?

Uploaded pics are just as good as my 8mp camera, I was also impressed with the way it can take a decent pic indoors with the flash switched off. Only got it yesterday and already got all the features sussed out, ( I was worried i'd never learn to use it having been a nokia man for years) so far i'm well impressed. Having said that I'm not a technoplile gadget freak, so there may be better out there.:001_smile:

Here's a pic I took last night. (It'll get resized while its uploaded though)

Photo008small.jpg.942d3042da3277f9936d455750abc241.jpg

Edited by Tom D

i bought this for £40 to go on my stag do with, its now£50

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vivitar-Digital-Camera-8xDigital-Waterproof/dp/B000PIVNQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243627722&sr=8-1]Vivitar V5188 Digital Camera 1.5"TFT + Waterproof Case: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

used it in the sea, quad biking and indoors

for the price excellent quality pics and surprisingly good daylight video

pics below are from camera taken in the sea

5976543a54796_stustagparty09053.jpg.bda9991b2b3b0a53a4ae428533ca7fac.jpg

5976543a52eb7_stustagparty09051.jpg.d372709de94a9c06cb0ae411c716854e.jpg

5976543a51779_stustagparty09019.jpg.9fa223534c6860d5523d9397ed91f8f7.jpg

oh the others are blurred because of water on the lens... i know to wipe it first when in the water. (ran out of edit time on previous post)

these are still in the case and are quite good

oh, video records sound when in the case too

5976543a57e70_stustagparty09108.jpg.3cedb435f4458229d04d2bf02e3debfe.jpg

5976543a5602a_stustagparty09010.jpg.a5c59bff959a5b8ae37eaea037949f73.jpg

My girlfriend just bought a panasonic lumix dmc fx7. It has a wide angle lens which is great for getting pictures of the whole tree. I really rate this camera it gives much better photos then my canon powershot. I think she paid £160 for it but im sure you could get it cheaper. Some of the other panasonic lumix ones have mixed reviews, see if you can have a play with one.