Does anyone bother to report crime

Triassic

When I was assessing had guy whose car was stolen

He saw them drive off and ran into police station

He could see his car from station and ran to the desk, shouting and pointing at his car

Policeman on counter made him go to the back of the queue !

After waiting for all people in front of him to be served he'd lost his faith in police.....

I had cars broken into a couple of times, and reported it both times. The first time, the police sent out a crime scene team, but didn't tell me they were doing so so I wasn't there. They didn't want to reschedule it. Then they asked me if the neighbours had seen anything or anyone nearby had CCTV. I thought that was their job? Then they sent me a letter asking if I needed counselling! I wasn't overly impressed - didn't see what they really could do tbh, but I would have expected them to at least try, ask a few questions etc.

The second time, more recently, they didn't send anyone out, but a local bobby did actually ask some questions around the village and give me a ring to update me - they'd not found anything. But at least they tried and updated me this time, so I suppose that's better.

My opinion is from the outside looking in. Seemingly the degree of apathy by government from the top down and the surrender attitude that I believe exist since there seems to be no punishment for crimes committed is the root of the problem.

I have read hundreds of threads on this site all stating the same thing and only rarely have I seen positive reports of suspects being arrested or even punished by having to either pay a fine or imprisonment. Until laws are either enforced or changed to discourage this wholesale crime wave facing nearly everyone in this industry, this pox will continue to get worse. I believe many members would if they could do more to protect their own property and interest if it was not for the suspected criminals having at worst equal and in some cases more rights at their disposal to protect them.

Continue to report all crimes and make sure to follow up on all case numbers of stolen goods. Keep the Police and local government accountable for is happening.

easy-lift guy

I have read hundreds of threads on this site all stating the same thing and only rarely have I seen positive reports of suspects being arrested or even punished by having to either pay a fine or imprisonment.

I think the reason for that is the place you have been looking is for the reporting of stolen kit, using it as a bench mark to assess the state of things is pure folly.

People like to complain about misfortune or being hard done to, they see it as less than the ideal and like to warn others.

When things go as they should peoples expectations are met. They see this as the norm and generally don't feel the need to make any noise about it.

I think the reason for that is the place you have been looking is for the reporting of stolen kit, using it as a bench mark to assess the state of things is pure folly.

People like to complain about misfortune or being hard done to, they see it as less than the ideal and like to warn others.

When things go as they should peoples expectations are met. They see this as the norm and generally don't feel the need to make any noise about it.

Actually your once again assuming things:sneaky2: Considering the number of other sponsors and members that I have had conversations with over the years regarding this topic.

I can only base my opinions on actually occurrences of theft and how the police and legal systems deal with a majority of the cases that are taking place daily in the UK.

I suspect that for everyone on this site that has had their kit stolen or more they would much rather complain about something else that they have a fighting chance of combating. Loosing any property to theft is a loose loose for everyone concerned.

easy-lift guy

We report everything.

Suspicious vehicles, trespass, the lot.

As a result, visible policing in our village has increased.

They don't like their crime figures increasing, make them earn their £30K a year.

Sent from bed using Arbtalk Mobile App

The only reason I can think of people not reporting stolen gear would be if the gear was stolen in the first place and if that's the case you deserve it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I'm with you on that Matty.