Legalities of burning

doobin

Now, we have great big fires, and don't think twice in the middle of the countryside :thumbup: However, I've been asked to price a scrub clearance job on some wasteland at the back of some industrial units.

How iffy would a small bonfire be do you think? The nearest houses are about 200m away.

Now, we have great big fires, and don't think twice in the middle of the countryside :thumbup: However, I've been asked to price a scrub clearance job on some wasteland at the back of some industrial units.

How iffy would a small bonfire be do you think? The nearest houses are about 200m away.

Hi there,

have a look at the attached which might help

Cheers..:thumbup1:

Paul

PS Thanks to Kevin Johnson for bringing this to my attention.

D7_exemption(burning waste).pdf

Do the job on a day when the wind is blowing away from the houses - I live in a village and once upset the neighbours burning fresh leylandii brash! I started doing it when the wind took the smoke away over the open countryside and had no further problems.

THEN I discovered that if I propped my leaf blower up so that it was blowing into the base of the fire on idle the resulting inferno burned so hot that it kept the smoke down to a minimum!! If you can make a wall of bricks around the fire then it's even better. Don't have your leaf blower too close though... check it regularly to make sure it isn't getting hot and if it is then move it further away.

Doing it this way meant that the fire could keep up with me regularly adding brash too...

all the insurance guff about extinguishing fires an hour before leaving the site or paying a night watchman might cause you bother. apart from that i think its still legal to burn on stump ,its only when you move brash to another location to burn things become more complex.jake:thumbup:

Do the job on a day when the wind is blowing away from the houses - I live in a village and once upset the neighbours burning fresh leylandii brash! I started doing it when the wind took the smoke away over the open countryside and had no further problems.

THEN I discovered that if I propped my leaf blower up so that it was blowing into the base of the fire on idle the resulting inferno burned so hot that it kept the smoke down to a minimum!! If you can make a wall of bricks around the fire then it's even better. Don't have your leaf blower too close though... check it regularly to make sure it isn't getting hot and if it is then move it further away.

Doing it this way meant that the fire could keep up with me regularly adding brash too...

Way ahead of you mate...:001_tt2: here's a tip, use 4" sewer pipe to keep the blower out of harms way. If you can find some 4" steel pipe for the very end, and connect this via a straight connector to the plastic, even better. Ally is no good as it burns up just the same as the plastic does.

Way ahead of you mate...:001_tt2: here's a tip, use 4" sewer pipe to keep the blower out of harms way. If you can find some 4" steel pipe for the very end, and connect this via a straight connector to the plastic, even better. Ally is no good as it burns up just the same as the plastic does.

Like it!

I'm nicking that idea for next time. :thumbup1:

Did big hedging job and wanted to burn of waste, all backed onto units as well 30-40m away, but because it was a "country" parish council rather than a town council area no problem burn away was the reply, (job was for the council)

according to then if its "country" type council you can just crack on but

a town council permission needed ect like the old school preferred wait till after 6pm and not on washing day lol

of course depends on how BIG a fire you want

Its always worth phoning the fire brigade to tell them what and when you are burning. It will save them turning up and asking the questions when the local jobsworth/nosy/ nimby makes the totally unnecessary call. They appreciate it.

Bob