Blood

PC tree

I thought I'd try and make up for my selfish blood type mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I'll donate £50 if you offer it as a target in the next throw line comp.

You should be safe if I'm throwing.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread.

We should all do it, maybe Steve could run a campaign? Could benefit the site as well.

Lets face it, we are more likely to need it than most.

I'm AB+, selfish type, useless to everyone else, but I can take theirs!

Start giving!

Thanks mark. It gives me a massive sense of satisfaction to think I might be helping someone in a life threatening situation.

I would do platelets, but it means a 45 mile round trip for me at the mo.

Its going to be a 60 mile round trip for me as I have to go to Cambridge, but when your daughter has a condition which happened aged 2, and could re-occur at any time in her life that would require a platelet infusion, you do it. It will also apparently be a longer process than giving whole blood but what the hell, it will hopefully help or save someone.

Its going to be a 60 mile round trip for me as I have to go to Cambridge, but when your daughter has a condition which happened aged 2, and could re-occur at any time in her life that would require a platelet infusion, you do it. It will also apparently be a longer process than giving whole blood but what the hell, it will hopefully help or save someone.

Exactly the reason why people do it, I organise a 10k run for Prostate Cancer Research because my Dad has it. Just trying to help any way I can..

I used to give regularly, but after working in some of the places around the globe, and some of the innoculations they bang into you, they wont take mine, even for research. Must have some good bugs in me then...lol