Wind farms!

eggsarascal

Considering how many birds are slaughtered every day over here by wind turbines I am curious why no one has mentioned this fact for this thread?. Last time I saw wind farm i observed from 20000 feet watching a line of wind turbines along a mountaineer range in Pensilvania. I counted at least 100 turbines. Less than 50 were functioning.

I am sure the government was involved with the financing and maintenance of said devices. How much did the citizens of Pensilvania benefit from this "scheme ", very little I bet. Are the citizens of Pensilvania and the US Tax payers still paying for this "scheme"?

You bet!. As long as the government has anything to do with the private industry the results have been and will always remain the same, higher taxes to keep what ever alive

and zero return for the investment. Loose Loose, just remember when you choose!

easy-lift guy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how many birds are slaughtered every day over here by wind turbines I am curious why no one has mentioned this fact for this thread?. Last time I saw wind farm i observed from 20000 feet watching a line of wind turbines along a mountaineer range in Pensilvania. I counted at least 100 turbines. Less than 50 were functioning.

I am sure the government was involved with the financing and maintenance of said devices. How much did the citizens of Pensilvania benefit from this "scheme ", very little I bet. Are the citizens of Pensilvania and the US Tax payers still paying for this "scheme"?

You bet!. As long as the government has anything to do with the private industry the results have been and will always remain the same, higher taxes to keep what ever alive

easy-lift guy

HI TED what do think of the SONG MATE thanks jon :thumbup:

easy-lift guy

Aye...

It's the figures that get thrown around to justify them that gets my goat. "Enough power to supply 10,000

homes". Yeh, right. When the wind is perfect for them. The over exaggeration is disgusting politicking.

Up here there are thousands of households away from the gas grid, reliant on expensive heating oil or outdated leccy storage heaters. Plus we get to have our views in all directions now spoilt by turbines on our stunning scenery. A couple of years ago we had high pressure for a week during winter. No wind, stationary turbines, and temps around -10c..... For a week! So where was the wind leccy, if that was what we had to rely on to heat our homes. Not doing 10,000 homes now, are we!

The near constant power source is tidal, but the companies all saw that as expensive development, difficult engineering when they are in pursuit of their quick buck. Which they are now getting.... Even when the wind stops!!!

Much as it's disliked, we cannot get away from our methods of constant power generation such as nuclear. It just isn't feasible for the next generation or so.

Every energy user in the country should subsidise the dicks that put up turbines!

It's rather annoying.

They don't pay for themselves never mind give us renewable energy, cloud cuckoo land

They don't give us renewable energy :001_huh:

Looking on here it's meeting 10.95% of the UK demand now.

U.K. National Grid status

This is the country is stuck under a high pressure. Personally I think that's a valuable contribution.

Edited by Woodworks

It's the figures that get thrown around to justify them that gets my goat. "Enough power to supply 10,000

homes". Yeh, right. When the wind is perfect for them. The over exaggeration is disgusting politicking.

Up here there are thousands of households away from the gas grid, reliant on expensive heating oil or outdated leccy storage heaters. Plus we get to have our views in all directions now spoilt by turbines on our stunning scenery. A couple of years ago we had high pressure for a week during winter. No wind, stationary turbines, and temps around -10c..... For a week! So where was the wind leccy, if that was what we had to rely on to heat our homes. Not doing 10,000 homes now, are we!

The near constant power source is tidal, but the companies all saw that as expensive development, difficult engineering when they are in pursuit of their quick buck. Which they are now getting.... Even when the wind stops!!!

Much as it's disliked, we cannot get away from our methods of constant power generation such as nuclear. It just isn't feasible for the next generation or so.

As I keep saying the weather forcast should tell us , every day, what we can eat based on wind power generation

Minus 10 degrees and SALAD !

FOR A WEEK !

I can't think of anything better to bring home the point that it doesn't do whats needed.......

So if the feckless stupid people were not feckless and stupid, everyone in this country would be rich?? 60-70 million rich people in one place??

If you have money it is easier to make money!

Well yes!

Difflock, your post is a crock of capitalist crap.

It takes all sorts.

Shrewd not schrewd!

Yes, but Difflock IS a capitalist. If you notice when he is debating he never answers any questions that are put to him. He only ever puts his point of view over. Very blinkered IMO.

Further to Openspaceman's comment: ineffecient in energy losses in converting mechanical energy into electrical ouput via dynamo, transmission loss (DC vs AC), battery drainage and then the huge environmental damage in mining, transporting and processing rare earth minerals to make the most efficient of batteries... phew!.. and replacing same in 5 years time. Does anyone know how much a set of batteries for an electric car costs?

A wind pump lifts water to a reservoir... even a local water tower... for 'free' on demand energy!

We have a wind farm on Romney Marsh (and an active Romney Marsh Mountain Rescue Team too!) which will simulatanously boil 6,000 kettles in Ashford on a typical day. This is nowhere near the 30,000 'homes' it was planned to serve! So where do they build the shortfall farms and one for Rye, and its reserve farm for when the wind is not blowing here... the mind fair boggleth!