stihl v husky

karl

Keep telling you Jon when your ready ive got a new 395xp here still in the box and I will bring a ported 394/395 along to but you need some of your big butts :thumbup::001_tt2:. Remember the 395 gains nearly 1hp just by the muffler mod due to epa restrictions

Oh and heres a video for you to watch :lol:

390 v 661

HI WISE that was a fast 390xp BUT 661 THE CHAP DID NOT SET IT UP AS IF YOU LOOK AT THE TIME ON THE 661 TIMES IT GETS FASTER ON THE 3RD CUT SO TO ME IT NOT SET UP OR RUN UP BUT TO BE FAR THAT WAS A VERY FAST 390 THANKS JON :thumbup:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting to note that from the cut times , what ever the saw , under load its not as quick . Perhaps I shouldn't lean on those dawgs so heavy ?

Any powered cutting tool is best left to do the work not forced through, you just wear stuff out quicker.

Quoted Figs from respective manufactures ...power head only ...

660 7.5KG

390 7.1KG

so not much in it really , Stihl a tad heavier.....

I don't have the weight on a 660 - but it isn't much more than a 390/385xp in my experience - just a boatload more vibration.

154935599.Z5NhMKh9.394.JPG

137564872.XDtcrvhp.385a.JPG

For felling all day, I would prefer a ported 390 for the AV over either, and the fact it weighs 2lbs less than a 394/395. On the ground, or as an occasional saw, it doesn't really matter much.

I don't have the weight on a 660 - but it isn't much more than a 390/385xp in my experience - just a boatload more vibration.

154935599.Z5NhMKh9.394.JPG

137564872.XDtcrvhp.385a.JPG

For felling all day, I would prefer a ported 390 for the AV over either, and the fact it weighs 2lbs less than a 394/395. On the ground, or as an occasional saw, it doesn't really matter much.

HI WYK taken off the husky site right here goes 395xp power 4.9kw vibs front 6,5ms rear 10.2 ms weight is 7.9kgs with out a bar on FORGET THE 390 AS IT LESS POWER RIGHT TAKEN OFF STIHL SITE MS660 5,2KW POWER VIBS FRONT 7MS REAR 7MS WEIGHT WITH OUT BAR IS 7.3KGS SO THE STIHL WINS AND WHEN 661 COMES OUT THEN RAMAP THAT 661 WILL FLY AND THAT HAS MORE THEN A STANDER MS660 AND 25% LESS VIBS SO FAR BETTER OR GET A NEW 660 THEN WAIT AND GET IT SPUD PORTED :thumbup1:THANKS JON :thumbup:

Any powered cutting tool is best left to do the work not forced through, you just wear stuff out quicker.

Up to a point . All depends on how much torque is available . I think you can " lean " on it if it digs in and does not slow down appreciably but if it starts to bog then you are over doing it .

thanks for all the input guys

talk about light the fuse and step back!!!

but it seems pretty much as id thought....a preference thing

ill have a think on the offer Alex but normally id go new

cheers

HI WYK taken off the husky site right here goes 395xp power 4.9kw vibs front 6,5ms rear 10.2 ms weight is 7.9kgs with out a bar on FORGET THE 390 AS IT LESS POWER RIGHT TAKEN OFF STIHL SITE MS660 5,2KW POWER VIBS FRONT 7MS REAR 7MS WEIGHT WITH OUT BAR IS 7.3KGS SO THE STIHL WINS AND WHEN 661 COMES OUT THEN RAMAP THAT 661 WILL FLY AND THAT HAS MORE THEN A STANDER MS660 AND 25% LESS VIBS SO FAR BETTER OR GET A NEW 660 THEN WAIT AND GET IT SPUD PORTED :thumbup1:THANKS JON :thumbup:

FFS stop SHOUTING..............