Another lesson learned

Dean Lofthouse

Thought I'd post this and take ridicule so other newbies and indeed more experienced but complaicent climbers learn by my mistake.

For the sake of an extra 10 seconds to get a better work position I ended up touching my forearm with the 200t.

I was above a greenhouse cutting and holding 2" branches, holding with the left hand away from the saw and cutting with the right, I moved round the other side of the stem and realised I'd missed one so instead of going back round, I overhanded it.

As I was doing it I actually thought to myself, "you pratt, what are you doing" and sure enough it just kicked ever so slightly and touched my arm.

10 years collective chainsaw use and 6 years climbing and it's the first cut and I should and DO know better.

008.jpg.fcae8cd3eac1583e5e6aebf61bf379b7.jpg

004.jpg.e8318159a966ffd8983e48441703fb84.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know chicks did scars, but that's a bit extreme :lol:

I hate that "I really shouldn't have done that" thought that goes through your head at those moments. I'm glad that it's not too serious and that you'll be mended soon, but tis a good reminder to all of us. So thanks. I think... :001_tongue: