electric timber crane controls

biggarlogs

how expensive (as everything is possible nowadays)would it be to convert hydraulic spool valves to an electric contolled block,so there would be no need to lug block and pipes in and out of cab,this would also save the damage caused to rear cross member an the need to keep back window open ...air con working at last'i suppose one would need spool block and joystics .have seen hiab operators with cordless systems this could be good too.any ideas anyone:confused1:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking into this for my bonfig crane and got scared by the price, one of the problems being they ideally need to be proportional so you can feather them which added a lot to the price.

far too expensive to make it worth your while, proportional valve blocks with that many services are an arm an a leg try whitehouse hydraulics at port glasgow or theres another place at the big h industrial estate at blantyre

It's expensive. I'm sure you could retrofit solinoids onto your existing unit but i'd of though it be much easier to replace the block. Then you need the joysticks. To be really cleaver you want the proportional control which means adding in more hi-tech gismos adding more cost. This does mean you can set the crane the way you want it. I like the grapple fast and the extension but everything else fairly slow. Apart form a prolonged bloom in that speeds up at the end of the sequence, you need a computer to edit all the currents for that though.

my basic wee trailer wit timber crane, has a cheap, (and leaky on one slice).

7 slice valve block.

The 2 for the legs could stay on ord hyd "slices".

I was however idly wondering as to the practicalities of fitting 2 digger type "joystick" controls, second hand off a digger.

With the grab on a thumbswitch.

Most of these are not directly connected to the slices,(I understand) so do they use low(er) pressure hyd oil to communicate with the valve block?

And

How complicated ud that conversation be?

m

my basic wee trailer wit timber crane, has a cheap, (and leaky on one slice).

7 slice valve block.

The 2 for the legs could stay on ord hyd "slices".

I was however idly wondering as to the practicalities of fitting 2 digger type "joystick" controls, second hand off a digger.

With the grab on a thumbswitch.

Most of these are not directly connected to the slices,(I understand) so do they use low(er) pressure hyd oil to communicate with the valve block?

And

How complicated ud that conversation be?

m

That's pilot operated valves I think

I've never got very fluent with common knowledge controls but this firm

Hydraulic Valve Control Cables Hindle Controls

did produce a cable kit to give a joystick action for the 4 slices of slew, lift,jib and rotate and I think a twist action was available at the top for grab and extend.