Homemade large Incinerator ?

White Noise

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its far easier and cheaper to build a pit burner, a bit of tin work and a decent ag grain drier blower , jobs a goodun.

The Pit Burner on Vimeo

Bob

the video doesnt do it justice, typical yank talks about everything under the sun for five minutes, then two second shot of the gadget. (at least he didnt start with "You will need safety spectacles and a wrench")

the video doesn't do it justice, typical yank talks about everything under the sun for five minutes, then two second shot of the gadget. (at least he didnt start with "You will need safety spectacles and a wrench")

I would definitely need a grid over the top of that to stop me falling in and to place some bacon and sausages on. :lol:

Youre not thinking of getting rid of anyone are you? :001_tongue:

I can feel a new line of business coming on :thumbup1:

I suppose a static pit burner could be just a couple of steel pipes entering the bottom of the pit running from a fan sat well away from the from the hole. It does not need to be anything as complex as a mobile unit.

Bob

I can feel a new line of business coming on :thumbup1:

I suppose a static pit burner could be just a couple of steel pipes entering the bottom of the pit running from a fan sat well away from the from the hole. It does not need to be anything as complex as a mobile unit.

Bob

you could easily achieve the desired result with a leaf blower, the air has to go over the top of the fire to make less smoke, underneath it may make more

Hi. We have bought in only a few, because they can be dangerous, as you end up with a 1000 degree fire in a hole, with earth walls. Depending on soil types, the sides can easily fall in after a time. We are very careful who we sell them to, as they are only really safe to use if you load them with a timber crane or excavator with grapple. They also do not burn as clean as a box-burner as the sides of the pit are often not square and the air curtain blowing across the fire will not seal properly, if the sides are not exactly vertical. There are large numbers in use with the US military, who use them as a one-time disposal unit and then back-fill the whole. They are also very light and easy to transport and set up.

• 6 months later...

Well thanks for all your pointers . I am now at a point where I am going to weld the skips together ie one on top of the other with a little chimney cut and welded to the top skip . I will be cutting the floor out of the bottom skip and replacing with a heavy duty mesh to allow air flow and ash removal . Hope to get this completed by late - mid Dec 2014 . Pics to follow when done :thumbup: