20ft up an ash & embeded

geoff

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it's amazing what you find in trees..

We cut down a large beech which was knackered last year and I managed to find a glass bottle right in the middle of it when taking the stump down, and just last week I was asked to cut down some dead Alder stems which were starting to become unsafe and found an old steel watering can at the botom of one of them!

I say I found them..... after my saw had found them unfortunatley.

Haha they are some top pics... The shooting tree post is very intresting!

i did some multi stemmed connys yesterday, dug out all the usual football, kids toys and stones, but on the last one we kept hitting something nasty, after a good few sharpens and sweary words we hacked it apart with a crowbar, we reckon it was an old filter of some kind, the metal was as good as new but all the centre stuff was like solidified paper.

I took down an Oak in a garden in Germany years ago.The Butt was full of bullets,behind the tree around a Celler window were pock marks in the Stone from people shooting at the person in the Celler.

I guess during the war the Tree had been in the feild of fire for a machine gun.

I took down an Oak in a garden in Germany years ago.The Butt was full of bullets,behind the tree around a Celler window were pock marks in the Stone from people shooting at the person in the Celler.

I guess during the war the Tree had been in the feild of fire for a machine gun.

is it true there are forsests over in germany that cant be felled and molled because they are full of so many bullets?just something i heard aong the way:confused1: