Burgled again

Hawkes Trees

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that guys. I am also very close and will keep an eye out. We had a spate like this back in Feb 2012. They did my van safe with serious cutting gear, and it sounds like it could be the same bunch back in the area. Keep a look out because in my case they came back exactly a week later and broke into my van again. There were no tools left in it this time so they nicked my silkys and the battery! Perhaps an overnight vigil with a shotgun after 7 days might yeild the culprits?

I had van following me the other day with 3 guys in it. I was not sure they where following me at first so I drove round in circles & they were still there in my mirror! so I pulled over and took there number plate. Next day they were sniffing about again called the police & they said they would note it! After getting done last year Ive been taking notes of any odd looking vans/people that are hanging about.

Maybe the Police should stop bubbling about with speed guns and the like and set up some sort of bate van as seen on the TV. Catch the scrum red handed.

Mind you the scrum will probably claim is against there human rights.

+1 - but motorists are just so easy to catch to bolster 'crime' statistics

After all, how many coppers would want to get their shoes dirty investigating a muddy yard? let alone their precious hands??

N

Travellers were operating round here couple of years ago

Aged guy appeared in transit pick up asking for junk, back of his pickup was full of worthless crap, rotten roofing sheets, old buckets that sort of stuff

Luckily my neighbour saw him going up lane and phoned me so I could meet him in the yard...saw him off but not before he'd slowly and deliberately backed full length of yard looking at everything .......

Week later local farms done over for quads .....lukily farm lad onway frompub saw his mates bike and gave chase..... Magistrates bailed traveller who promptly did a runner caught again couple of weeks later with exactly same scenario ..... So sent down ths time

I now padlock gates everytime we go out

AND PUT PLYWOOD COFFIN LID ON THE GATE......GOT THIS TIP FOM SCRAPMAN he says travellers very superstitious and will not pass anything to do with death, thats why scrapyards often have scrap hearse next to gates.....

Guy down valley is ex police solicitor he has plastic skeleton under his cattle grid ..... Spoke to police about this they confirmed travellers are very superstitious and thought it might work .....

Took about 30 mins to make and fix, so worth a try