I want one!!

wisewood

Why do they faff about with the saw.

Screw up the Wattage on the bloody Laser.

Job done.

Simples.

LOL

As said it'd be ideal for big scale timbers. Looking forward to delabodges variation, I'm wanting something similar that will cut discs off logs accurately.

how can turning a piece of timber four times be quicker? and try matching the cuts with out your chopsaw biting or snatching?:confused1:

It's got to do with the set up of that machine, it looks like it takes time, with lots of little adjustments that have to be proofed each time. With a circular saw on bigger lumber, Mark with a set square around, make your cuts, then clean up the middle with a chisel or reciprocating saw. With a bit of practice works really well, and goes quick. With that machine, you've got to clamp your workpiece down, and then clamp that machine onto it, then fiddle about with settings, for each cut. I bet making four cuts and a clean-up in the middle would be as fast or faster, done with tools you already own. If you could get through it with a chopsaw, no contest, way faster that way.

as previously stated it's great for timber framing maybe and bits that are over 6" it will have its uses but in my opinion there would be no substitute for a good chop saw. mine cuts through 4 1/2 in one cut and can be used on 8" beams creating tenons in seconds and i used it to cut the angled tenons on my 6" corner posts of my workshop and once you are prolific enough cutting tenons on a gadget like it you wonder how you did with out it.

it does look a bit of a faff to set up but i'm sure once you get the hang of it it'll be ok.

have to agree though if it was over 6" i couldn't work too quickly

Surely the video shows how adaptable it is, showing off in how many ways it can be adjusted and calibrated, rather than all these steps being necessary for each cut.

There us no way a chop saw will be anywhere near as fast or easy when cutting accurate angles over 6" on big timbers.