New husqvarna climbing saw any good?

jack88

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my t540 wouldn't buy anything else now I'm used to it. Only problem I have is having to feather the trigger for 5 minutes when starting from cold before it will get to full revs. And having to start it as if it is cold after leaving it for a few minutes. Anybody else had this problem ? Any ideas how I can remedy it ?

The piece of plastic were the spring is at the rear of the saw fractured and as I said the saw fell apart causing even further damage to the saw . I loved the saw until this happened but how can you use a saw that is for what we do every day and that happens after a couple of weeks and then they don't want to do it under warranty .

I think the choice of saw is more and more about application, if you want a solid metal pot to bash about the canopy then a 201 is your saw.. if you want a cutting tool that's more delicate but agressive in the cut its the 540, seems there is now a trade off on strength vs power

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Arbtalk mobile app

I think the choice of saw is more and more about application, if you want a solid metal pot to bash about the canopy then a 201 is your saw.. if you want a cutting tool that's more delicate but agressive in the cut its the 540, seems there is now a trade off on strength vs power.. I'm happy with my 540 but I've never swung my saw about, I can see how people used to a solid 200 would dislike the 540 on build, but imo the 201 lacks the power deep into the cut which I feel could stop your cuts performing as they should.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Arbtalk mobile app

I love my t540 wouldn't buy anything else now I'm used to it. Only problem I have is having to feather the trigger for 5 minutes when starting from cold before it will get to full revs. And having to start it as if it is cold after leaving it for a few minutes. Anybody else had this problem ? Any ideas how I can remedy it ?

Mine needs one " cough " on choke if you leave it for a few mins . First start of the morning I have found it best to let it run for a few seconds with it still in half throttle mode with the chain spinning before you blip the throttle . Then a few blips and hold it TWO and it peaks to full revs and you are good to go .

Mine needs one " cough " on choke if you leave it for a few mins . First start of the morning I have found it best to let it run for a few seconds with it still in half throttle mode with the chain spinning before you blip the throttle . Then a few blips and hold it TWO and it peaks to full revs and you are good to go .

Mine certainly likes the choke more than the other brand