Climbing Systems

highclimb

Buckingham pinnacle, middle dees cut off and sliding bridge tied on to inside tie-in points

70m of yale XTC (waiting for it to wear out before I buy something a bit lighter), several shorter lines.

VT tied with sta-set

Buckingham spikes with the cast aluminum/foam pads

yale wire core flipline 12' with climbright ropegrab or 18' rope lanyard made of 13mm static rescue with a vt to adjust

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a humble Council employee and this is what the locals rates buy for arborists

Buckingham Versatile

steel core lanyard or grillon or 16mm with distel

Samson Bluestreak(old),Yale XTC(new),various lengths.

Hitchclimbers,micros,lockjack sport,various splittails and prussic rope.

Gecko alloys(pole) or Buck steels(tree)

Various ascenders and descenders and rope grabs

lol not bad :001_cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Kolbri multislide harness

35m marlow gecko and 35m yale ultra v as spare rope

ISc rope grab with steel core flip line

boa x 2 friction cord

5 meter blaze to use as lanyard

petzl pantin

4 krabs

split tail (dont know type) with spliced eye

climb on a split tail with a blakes.

Edited by cerneARB

kolbre/ skylotec harness ,marlow chamelion 35 meter or salamander 45 meter rope , 3 meter strop , stien cambium saver , art rope guied , as for the rest it depends on the climb and what i will be doing to the tree and what i fancy using at the time , may be a lock jack sport swivel may be use the hitcher or just a plane old distel .

• 1 month later...

Could do with some tips here,

I have recently been trying different systems, and settled for a blakes and micro pulley for a while.

Ive now just picked up a hitchclimber, some oval karabs and some Ocean polyester with the intention of using a VT-hitchclimber set up.

The problem im having is getting the Ocean polyester to get a consistent bite on the climbing line! Im using 11mm Tachyon and 10mm Ocean polyester, and have tried numerous variations of the VT, alternating numbers of wraps and braids...

Is there something im missing? or do i just need to keep working on it, tuning it till it works more consistently?

I have managed to get it set up perfectly with some Beal hitch cord which is alot softer/flexible. Could it be because the Ocean polyester is brand new and stiff?

ArbJoe,it would probably work a lot better with an 8mm split tail.I have never used Tachyon but anyone who has and has a well tuned vt would be able to recommend which type of split tail rope combines well with it.I think DrewB uses Tachyon.

I was using Ocean 10mm on my tachyon using a knute hitch, could never get a VT to work well with 10mm. I liked it, didn't get so hot, always advanced easily and lasted a long time. Now using 8mm OP