sheds/dens

delabodge

When I had puppies couple of years ago put them in old kennel in garden

They wrte back in house before me

Replaced uprights and bottom twofeet of boarding ......

Also made new doors and sleping box

When it rained had to replace roof and roof timbers

Only middle two feet original

Think new kennel would have been in order

Moral MEASURE TWICE CUT ONCE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my sawmill shed, constructed last October. 12x12 posts, 12x9 main beams, overall dimensions 40x20ft. It faces the prevailing wind and moves not one millimetre in gale force winds.

2013-10-29_13-56-55_746_zps651235f8.jpg

This is my office, constructed just after using the spare roof sheets from the barn. Tongue and groove construction (done here with the four side planer), insulated and clad in poplar.

1479453_10152439616413136_1576377081_n.jpg

And finally, this is my log shed at home. All oak constructed, and despite holding 22 cubic metres, it's not big enough!

998440_10152127094183136_1190043989_n.jpg

I built this lot 30 years ago before all the revised planning laws. It was just fields with nothing else when I bought it. ( the good old days :) ) Two massive ex WD nissan huts and dozens of smaller sheds and shipping containers.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=gu32be&ie=UTF-8&ei=0m0lU7HnNIbPhAfXkoG4DQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ

Bob

Edited by aspenarb

Built this for the owners of my workshop space a couple of years ago. Cedar roof shingles and waney edged Larch cladding...... Did it in the middle of winter, couldn't feel my hands for days :(

DSC_0509_zps8ee3cccc.jpg

DSC_0216_zps2ca20dd0.jpg

And a complete barn re frame and clad..... 22000 paslode pins went into this

DSC01913_zps7080e59d.jpg

DSC02011_zps680d7a38.jpg

This is my sawmill shed, constructed last October. 12x12 posts, 12x9 main beams, overall dimensions 40x20ft. It faces the prevailing wind and moves not one millimetre in gale force winds.

2013-10-29_13-56-55_746_zps651235f8.jpg

This is my office, constructed just after using the spare roof sheets from the barn. Tongue and groove construction (done here with the four side planer),

Forgive me if I got the wrong end of the stick, but how do you easily go about tongue and grooving waney edge?

Stompy and Graham, top work.

Forgive me if I got the wrong end of the stick, but how do you easily go about tongue and grooving waney edge?

It's tongue and groove underneath. The walls were prefabricated and screwed together. It's 6mm ply on the inside, 25mm insulation, 32mm tongue and groove then rain screen cladding.

Here is a photo of it without cladding:

1466023_10152439609343136_1439308260_n.jpg