Chipper flywheel bearings

Will C

It is far from the deciding factor, just something that was brought up by a salesman as a point to consider, but clearly it doesn't have an impact from what you guys have said. We are not getting hung up on any particularly point, it is so close we just need to check out anything that has been thrown at us to sway us, we can't afford to buy twice so want to get it right.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They all have their pros and cons.

Each salesman will remind you of the pros of his machine and the cons of the competitors.

When the salesman moves to another company he simply alters his script.

You have obviously noticed the bashing TW have had over bearings, I had one and that was my only gripe.

I have a Greenmech now and don't really have any complaints.

I have never owned any other make so cannot comment.

Most people will be avid fans of the chipper they run , and more critical of the ones they used to run. At present Forst seem very popular - in a few years time who knows?

Try a few makes and buy what works best for you.

We all want a 100hp 24 inch easy grease beast that weighs under 750kg but nobody has made one yet - hmmmm -think I'll get the welding gear out later and have a go.

I can hear the bearings on my greenmech. How noisey should they be or any noise is time for a change.

Can you rock the flywheel with the use of a lever?

If you can hear any sort of noise or feel any movement get it checked out

Forst bearings twice the size of GreenMech bearings!?! Hmmm....Who said that? I wonder what that was about....

I would always prefer to sell a machine on IT'S merits and the merits of those that your are buying it from.

Forst bearings twice the size of GreenMech bearings!?! Hmmm....Who said that? I wonder what that was about....

I would always prefer to sell a machine on IT'S merits and the merits of those that your are buying it from.

Now that's a good stance:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I hate sales pitches that say buy mine cos the other is bad

Bandit75 over engineered and will last you year, good infeed don't have to do much snedding out. Grease nipples on every barring. Still have people come to me to hire and they have chippers, if they are doing crappy trees. You can't make a chipper for 750kg that will last in this industry, it's a hard job on everything.