cscs card

simonm

to be fair, the jobs I've looked at just ask for CSCS card, if you want to get onsite go on the CSCS site and apply for the labourer/construction site operative card(green), it'll save you time & money. I did the ROLO test today & it was the same sort of questions and cost £100!!,,

Never had a problem in the last 6 yrs.

Why do you need a tree surgeon one? Your npts certs cover that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

I know, that was my argument aswell. The nptc Certs also had to be included in the paperwork we sent away. No idea why they have specific tree surgeon cards! Just extra red tape

Just looked on CSCS site and used the card finder and entered chainsaw operator- arborist and it said the occupation was now covered by the LISS scheme which is overseen by BALI.

But you dont need it so why go to the trouble.

Its all bull s... anyway so stay simple.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

We had a situation a few years ago with regard cscs, lantra and other various tickets some of our blokes had. We were clearing a very large site for a developer and we were called into the office about some of the operatives tickets being agri and landscape based. A long drawn out argument later which involved their safety officer calling the HSE was resolved by the HSE who said and confirmed that the tickets we had were valid as they were a valid proof of training and competence . This is the bottom line but the construction industry are sticklers for their own in house insistence on the cscs accreditation, its not the HSE. The HSE are quite happy as long as you can prove that your operatives have formal training and this can include you very own in house version. That said for the sake of £40 or whatever the fee is cscs stops a lot of arguments on site

Bob

• 1 year later...

I needed a cscs card for a job, I booked it and sat the touch screen test. When I went to get the card they said as I'm in Arboriculture I need to do Rolo test as well.

Is there a way round this by saying I'm a labourer ? The companies don't care as long as I have a cscs card