cscs card

simonm

Since when, I lost my card last year and the quickest way to get another was just to re sit the idiot test.

I booked it paid myself, sat the test and got the card in the post the next day

Thats the official line but if you phone up you can manage it. I gave up phoning when it was a 0344 number and was going to be on hold for over 40 mins.

I did the cscs card years ago you could pass it even if you did not understand a word of english. I put several of my men through so we could install a generator on an irish site. The job was delayed 3 months by that time they had brought out a new test and ours was invalid :mad1: a blind one armed monkey could pass it. completely point less waste of time and money.

when drove a wagon and hiab on site i put myself through cscs so i could get a new job. before i went for the test id never been on site nor had any construction experience! but i passed anyway some of the questions were ridiculous

Just get the basic labourer/operative to start. This along with relevant NPTC will let you work on construction sites. All building sites want CSCS and as long as they see a card they will let you on. Not all Site agents understand NPTC and usually rely on RAMS stating that all operatives are trained and qualified

We went through that process recently. Basically it is a money making scam but you can't either get a new cscs card or renew your old one without going through Bali. The insist you pass a ROLO course and also your cscs multiple choice test. To get a ROLO pass you have to attend a one day course on health and safety of landscaping tools. Which is terrible and of very little worth in terms of health and safety awareness in my opinion. Anyway once you have both you can then apply for yor card. To complicate matters if you are on site you must have at least one person certified as a 'supervisor' rather than 'operative' and yes that requires more tests I think you have to sit the cscs test for a construction supervisor which wouldn't be quite as easy to pass as the one for a labourer. A lot of hassle and red tape and another way to get money out of the working people of the world!

• Sad 1

Hi, I've started applying for the card, it was really confusing. CSCS/LISS have colaborated to make the same card. To get this you need to sit a CITB HS&E test (touch screen, £17.50) then a 1 day ROLO HS&E (£100-£150 full day test) this was really hard to book, ended up ringing around lots of centres. Then the card (green operative card) is another £38 when you have the first parts.

Call BALI 024 7669 0333 ask to speak to Rebecca Consolaro, she knows the most.

Hope this helps, took me a week to work out. I have an email they sent me I can forward to you if you need

Cheers,,,,,Dan

Hi, I've started applying for the card, it was really confusing. CSCS/LISS have colaborated to make the same card. To get this you need to sit a CITB HS&E test (touch screen, £17.50) then a 1 day ROLO HS&E (£100-£150 full day test) this was really hard to book, ended up ringing around lots of centres. Then the card (green operative card) is another £38 when you have the first parts.

Call BALI 024 7669 0333 ask to speak to Rebecca Consolaro, she knows the most.

Hope this helps, took me a week to work out. I have an email they sent me I can forward to you if you need

Cheers,,,,,Dan

:thumbup: Useful infomation sounds like getting on the test is more testing than the test

No you don't have to go on on that other crap, just get an operative card job done. All my lads hsve cscs never had a problem getting on any site. Mine is up for renewal this month. 38 quid is nowt to get you on site for 5 yrs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

No you don't have to go on on that other crap, just get an operative card job done. All my lads hsve cscs never had a problem getting on any site. Mine is up for renewal this month. 38 quid is nowt to get you on site for 5 yrs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Rules have changed now unfortunatley. Even to renew you will have to go though the one day ROLO course. There is more info on BALI website