Importing a bar from USA?

Arbtech Tree Services

You could just buy it here in the uk? From what I can see its what your after ie 24" 3/8 .063? And under £50

Oregon 24 Inch Power Match Chainsaw Bars | Clark Forest

The 243RNFD009 is a .404, i nearly fell for that one myself. The 'F' is the chain pitch designation.

Regards,

Steve.

Edit - just seen it's a library pic

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If importing from outside the EU - you should always be paying import vat (20%), import duty and a handling fee... import vat you can claim back in the usual way if vat registered.

If from the EU - if you have a vat number you can give this to a supplier and they can then zero rate the vat (or that country's vat equivalent).

Sometimes smaller parcels seem to slip through without the above... not sure why!

:001_smile:

Sometimes smaller parcels seem to slip through without the above... not sure why! :001_smile:

If the value was under £15.01 then no charge , I have bought small things that cost more than £15 and have not been charged, perhaps the small parcels are less checked, as there must be many hundreds of thousands of them a year.

H-A

I've imported loads of stuff from the US and abroad(especially the UK to Ireland). Duty is another word for Tax. It's both revenue and protectionism. I only import what I can not find locally easily. Or if the locals take for freaking ever, which seems to be their want often enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to wrap this up, the bar arrived yesterday - the delay was leaving the States, not this end. Once landed it cleared customs and was with me in a day with no extra charges.

Only had a scabby old chain to stick on her but we're up and running:thumbup:

Regards,

Steve.

WP_20140311_002.jpg.4dcd0db0a8eb9ed7674e522035dcaa45.jpg