stress

Thank god i'm not the only nutter out here!

Dean, your post made me laugh to myself,i remember being that purple faced goon. shaking with rage and offering to "take all of you on!"Quite, quite stupid in hindsite as i would of probably been pummeled silly and left looking and feeling stupid for a long time after if anybody had taken the offer up.

But it just showso how hard it can be to get a release from all that can build up little by little.It's,like has been said on here already, a matter of knowing when you have to stop and take stock, work out whats really the most important thing you need in your life.

And detritus, i agree totally, once i'm up that tree, saw in hand swinging around, thats all i'm thinking of.No big worries other than leaving a cracking looking job.

Keep smiling fella's.

• 6 months later...

bump:001_smile:

listen wee bro, 2 years at the shrink sorted out my anger issues!

Ive done the personal journey all my life mate, i dont get angry anymore, i have my ups and downs, and once in a while i curl up in a ball with the dog and ball my eyes out cos life is so darn hard at times, but then i laugh at myself and everythings just dandy.

:thumbup:

• 3 months later...
i went off in a bit of a tangent in the skill thread, so i thought i would bump this thread, i found it really good to hear i wasnt alone in my worries and experiences. Its good to get things off your chest guys:thumbup1:

Think I should take partial responsibility for the tangent on the other thread too.

Same goes for me, I was reading your posts thinking how does this bloke know what i was thinking.

spooky isnt it, read through the thread when you get a chance, a lot of guys on here have had a very tough time, and have got through it. We are all very similar, must be our make up that leads us into this career, we really should be in the woods living in a log cabin away from the hustle bustle, but now if you want to do trees work you have to take on the hassles and stresses of running a business or juggling a lot of financial worry. this is why i am enjoying doing firewood, getting back to basics and intot he woods. now i have bought my little skidder i cant wait to extract this winters timber

spooky isnt it, read through the thread when you get a chance, a lot of guys on here have had a very tough time, and have got through it. We are all very similar, must be our make up that leads us into this career, we really should be in the woods living in a log cabin away from the hustle bustle, but now if you want to do trees work you have to take on the hassles and stresses of running a business or juggling a lot of financial worry. this is why i am enjoying doing firewood, getting back to basics and intot he woods. now i have bought my little skidder i cant wait to extract this winters timber

Reading through your posts I see big differences between us but they seem to have given us such similar problems and such a similar outlook on life. I haven't had it hard at all, that was my problem. At school from a very young age I was always by far the cleverest in the school with no effort at all, did GCSE's with no effort and got A's for everything. Parents are well off and always 100 % supportive which made me, to be honest, a lazy arrogant little git. Never really made an effort to do anything. Measured by worth as a man by how many times I could cheat on my girlfriend and get away with it. I get from your posts you are the complete opposite. A born grafter i reckon.

Anyway, in my mid 20's the real world hit me, and hit me hard. How come people didn't recognise I was better than them any more? There was a very obvious answer. I had no problem borrowing money for ventures that couldn't fail, how could they, I could do anything. Went from disaster to disaster and finally at 31 my girlfriend told me go and see a psychotherapist or i'm off. I went and it opened my eyes.

As I said, I haven't had it so bad, but for me it seemed like a pretty unpleasant place to be for a while. If this rings any bells for anyone, sit back and have a ponder. :001_smile: