what brushcutter?

northman

HI! I'm Looking for some advice on choosing a descent brushcutter to be used mostly on bramble and heavy nettle, so far I'm thinking of the husky 535 but not sure if I should be looking at something with more power. Any help would be great Cuz I have very little experience with brushcutters and want to make sure I'm not gonna end up buying twice.

Cheers!

HI! I'm Looking for some advice on choosing a descent brushcutter to be used mostly on bramble and heavy nettle, so far I'm thinking of the husky 535 but not sure if I should be looking at something with more power. Any help would be great Cuz I have very little experience with brushcutters and want to make sure I'm not gonna end up buying twice.

Cheers!

Husky 535 is good . we have one . Also have the 545 which I prefer . Not much difference in power but noticeably lighter . :001_smile:

Stihl FS460 has been reliable and done a lot of work for me.

Although I'd happily use the Husky 545. Pick one of those two and you can't go wrong, all angles covered from garden stuff to felling small trees.

You won't need any more power for bramble and nettle, that's for sure. I used to have an FS550 and only used it to it's full potential on a small number of jobs.

The biggest stihl clearing saw they do, for big clearence jobs theres no substitute for power

Unless you take the guard off you won't get the cord long enough to need to rev the engine flat out on an FS460 in bramble and nettle. It will comfortably manage the shredder blade Stihl spec for the FS550, and you only need to tickle the throttle to keep the blade going, momentum does 90% of the work with a blade.

I've had both, and the FS550 was an awesome machine, but only really needed for felling hundreds of small trees. Otherwise it was burning twice the juice for no real benefit.

Unless you take the guard off you won't get the cord long enough to need to rev the engine flat out on an FS460 in bramble and nettle. It will comfortably manage the shredder blade Stihl spec for the FS550, and you only need to tickle the throttle to keep the blade going, momentum does 90% of the work with a blade.

I've had both, and the FS550 was an awesome machine, but only really needed for felling hundreds of small trees. Otherwise it was burning twice the juice for no real benefit.

I used mine on blackthorn saplings with the mulching blade, I agree the FS550 might be a bit mighty for nettles and bramble, and they do burn the juice