The Mower Bench

GardenKit

OK, so I found a few hours today to have a go and got on OK to start with. Got the belts off and fitted the new ones, these weren't oe belts as recommended, but I already had them before your advice. I got the variable speed belt on OK and got the drive belt on the double pulley and over the shaft of the driven pulley. There's no way I'm winding it round the pulley, it's just too tight, and the other belt is tight and preventing the double pulley moving over anymore. The double pulley is also seriously out of alignment. Like the shorter belt is too tight and pulling it too hard and tilting it. So my question is does it sound like I should just get some oe belts, or does it sound to you like I need a new double pulley? Surely It shouldn't be able to tilt with just the force of the belt. Also when I Google for belts I just get loads of different pattern belts, so where is a good place to purchase oe belts from. Many thanks for your help with this.

James

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Arbtalk mobile app

OK, so I found a few hours today to have a go and got on OK to start with. Got the belts off and fitted the new ones, these weren't oe belts as recommended, but I already had them before your advice. I got the variable speed belt on OK and got the drive belt on the double pulley and over the shaft of the driven pulley. There's no way I'm winding it round the pulley, it's just too tight, and the other belt is tight and preventing the double pulley moving over anymore. The double pulley is also seriously out of alignment. Like the shorter belt is too tight and pulling it too hard and tilting it. So my question is does it sound like I should just get some oe belts, or does it sound to you like I need a new double pulley? Surely It shouldn't be able to tilt with just the force of the belt. Also when I Google for belts I just get loads of different pattern belts, so where is a good place to purchase oe belts from. Many thanks for your help with this.

James

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi,

I used to be an MTD lawnflite dealer.

Please use OEM as if you do get your non gen's on they won't let you get full speed variation.

When you get OEM belts put them next to your None gen belts and check the profile of the belt (the shape and size of it) you will see they are different and so fit in your pulleys differently (too far in or too far out) this changes the overall length.

This might be why the non gen won't go on?

Kind regards

Eddie

hi my asuka tn195 needs a new blade bolt, on the parts diagram its listed as a 335m-1020 does anybody know where to get one at a fair price or if honda part 90105 960 710 is the same? thanks

They are the same machine as

Shanks 553

Kubota

might be cheaper.

Make sure the bolt is not too long as it with jam the blade clutch.