Piccadilly tree work

Stuart Witt

Well life definitely different here in BC work ethics and so on, not to digress.

I managed to get round to filming some work the other day nothing special! and didn't film it all due to being a total tool and not changing memory card.:thumbdown:

It was completely covered in ivy from the bottom up too the top, a real test of patience that for sure!!! and i think i hit some crap on the way up as the saw got duller the more i slayed at the ivy like a man possessed. oh and the bar on the 201 is 16" greedy i know but its not my saw.

hope you enjoy i'll be gathering more footage soon to post.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work.

Useful tip, if you want to keep slack in your lowering line, pull the required amount through the pulley, then tie a marlin spike/slip knot in the working end next to the pulley. Gravity won't pull the slack through, and once the lowered piece pulls the line right, the know will snap out.

Good work.

Useful tip, if you want to keep slack in your lowering line, pull the required amount through the pulley, then tie a marlin spike/slip knot in the working end next to the pulley. Gravity won't pull the slack through, and once the lowered piece pulls the line right, the know will snap out.

Lol thanks for the advice there joe, I do know that but when you have do that you can run the risk of shocking the system and causing damage to the rope. But in that case if I had done that the amount of slack I had in the system would of caused it to be in the way of cutting.

Great tune!

Stuart, is that a standard saw, seem really slow in the cut?

Yes it's that standard model I still have my 200t but I rather use there saws helps my running costs a little but. It's excessively pants with the 16"bar on there I still think I can cut quicker with my 200 on a 12"bar

Lol thanks for the advice there joe, I do know that but when you have do that you can run the risk of shocking the system and causing damage to the rope. But in that case if I had done that the amount of slack I had in the system would of caused it to be in the way of cutting.

Wasn't trying to condescend, was a good vid. Groundie was handy on the lowering too :thumbup1: