Everyday sexism?

Marko

I just skimmed though the thread.....but admittedly stalled at Natalies post, because her avatar caught my eye. Just being honest. She looks an attractive girl. Hopefully me saying that doesn't offend her. It shouldn't

I work with blokes every day, for near 25 year on the trees. I get sick of the sight, smell and company of them....as they do I no doubt. Throw a female in the mix, skilled or not, colleague or homeowner, can really break up the monotony that has been my working life in trees thus far. The fact that I fancy lots of women, doesn't make me a bad person either....and doesn't hurt anybody.

I have a young daughter too. But she didn't happen into the world because the wife and I held hands alot. Im not ashamed.

The ad is not about the womans body, be-it an attractive one, to me at least. But the aesthetics of the guide bar is something that's clearly factored into the design and image. They perhaps just want you to consider that when choosing. Nobodies expected to buy a chainsaw guidebar because there's woman in the poster.... give the designers a little credit

I have a sugi guidebar, and co-workers (of which there are many) ask me about it often. Its an excellent guidebar, and it looks slick too, FWIW. I personally dont have an issue with the girl on the poster. People are often too quick to start wagging fingers.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like Reg, have briefed through this thread. Personally, I don't care. It doesn't offend me, in fact I really didn't give the advert much of a second look until it started blowing up a bit. I decided to ask er indoors what she thought. She isn't offended either and doesn't think it sexist in the slightest. I suppose different strokes for different folks but I'm sure the prevalence of near naked woman cavorting around our tv screens everyday in the name of music (apparently) could be considered far worse as could one of the recent threads on best looking tv hotties on AT. My two cents worth; there's far more important stuff to worry about.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

This ad does not bother me based on reg's reply. Now that being said I am fascinated by the number of members referancing the phrase " hairy arsed bloke" I have to admit this phrase makes me chuckle. In the event AT go's over the top and starts to disallow pictures like the OP has termed everyday sexism in place of " hairy arsed blokes" I would become very afraid.

easy-lift guy

Pretty sure he's joking with that post:thumbup1: unless....?

Pretty sure he's not, or he would have thought to use a smiley....

That's the trouble with this here internet, it's much easier to play Devils Advocate than in your local watering hole, as nobody can see your poker face! :laugh1: