Stupid Stihl petrol cap

urbandekay

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No ones mentioned that most 'new style' caps have a little 'V' cut out of the tank to show you where it goes...

Some of my kit has it and some not...

Does the newer stuff not also have a black line on the cap?!

True, they do.:001_smile:

Theres nothing wrong with them when they are put on properly....and they don't 'fail' like someone else commented. Don't have a problem with mine...did in the early days when I wasn't putting them on correctly, but after a couple times most people seem to be able how to check they are on correctly. personally I prefer them to screw in tops that sometimes tighten themselves up beyond being reasonable loosened by hand.

HI ALL like steve said on my 461 i like them much better then the old ones:thumbup1: after you said get no how use them thanks jon :thumbup:

Yeah - you probably purchased an oil cap for the fuel tank or vice versa:lol:

I have noticed that the caps can become tight and then it gets so when you try to flip the cap down, it is out of position...bloody annoying IMO and easy to get the fuel spilling out Grrrrrr

This flippy cap thing sort of reminds me of the Apple iPhone Aerial issue. Apple denies it ever has a problem. Eventually they lie to their customers even more and say something stupid like a rubber surround will make the phone suddenly pick up radio signals better. Then they finally admit 'some phones' could be affected about the time they are to come out with the newer version that works...mostly. Meanwhile, many iPhone fanatics give out to the other iPhone owners that are complaining that they bought a product which basically doesn't work as it should since it cost 500 freakin bucks.

The last thing I should ever have to do is take a few more steps out of my day to ensure my fecking fuel cap is actually working. This is literally moronic. When you are dealing with dangerous equipment, you never, ever design it to be more of a hassle to use than the previous generation. They took a simple design that has worked for hundreds of years, and made it a far more complicated design that causes headaches. And, as an added benefit, when they fail, they often fail completely. This is something the old caps never did.

Make the saw work, Stihl. Stop *king around and playing with gimmicks. We're not amused.

This flippy cap thing sort of reminds me of the Apple iPhone Aerial issue. Apple denies it ever has a problem. Eventually they lie to their customers even more and say something stupid like a rubber surround will make the phone suddenly pick up radio signals better. Then they finally admit 'some phones' could be affected about the time they are to come out with the newer version that works...mostly. Meanwhile, many iPhone fanatics give out to the other iPhone owners that are complaining that they bought a product which basically doesn't work as it should since it cost 500 freakin bucks.

The last thing I should ever have to do is take a few more steps out of my day to ensure my fecking fuel cap is actually working. This is literally moronic. When you are dealing with dangerous equipment, you never, ever design it to be more of a hassle to use than the previous generation. They took a simple design that has worked for hundreds of years, and made it a far more complicated design that causes headaches. And, as an added benefit, when they fail, they often fail completely. This is something the old caps never did.

Make the saw work, Stihl. Stop *king around and playing with gimmicks. We're not amused.

Are you sure yours is a genuine Stihl??? and not a Chinese copy?????

What your describing sounds terrible, but I've been using the new caps since they first came out and have never had an issue, IMO they are a huge step forward, no need to keep a combi spanner with the fuel, no wear to the caps where the screwdriver has to be applied.

They are fantastic :thumbup:

Are you sure yours is a genuine Stihl??? and not a Chinese copy?????

What your describing sounds terrible, but I've been using the new caps since they first came out and have never had an issue, IMO they are a huge step forward, no need to keep a combi spanner with the fuel, no wear to the caps where the screwdriver has to be applied.

They are fantastic :thumbup:

I agree on that. I only started once the new caps where on most saws and my first saw had them. All my saws now bar the 660 do too and I don't have an issue. You can feel when they aren't on right for whatever reason.

They are faster and more secure than Standard screw caps IMO.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App