Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

Been inside a MS661 this week, first one I have done! A machine where lots of small things can be done and won't know how it has gone until it returns to Ireland and is used in vengeance. The saw has one of those annoying forward facing ring pins running down the side of the exhaust port. You can leave out the ring and go to town on the port but decided to keep it as it was. Very strange port design, most modern exhaust ports slope aggressively downwards helping the scavenging process, this one is upward facing and really don't get that design at all....very strange.

Time will tell if the work has been worth it!

• 3 months later...

Here we go - Customer - got a MS440 to port...Me - lovely, bring it in......Customer - here it is......Me... Feck - have you tried cleaning the air filter - it may give you more power!!!!

He will of course, notice a good increase, made better by the fact that it will be all clean and nice inside and out!

IMG_20171120_103612406.jpg

• Haha 1