Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

Had some time on Monday to play with my 066, this is the one where the Red Eye coil failed and I fitted an aftermarket MS660 one plus it has had the full works and an expansion pipe fitted. I had tried it and it was a bit flat TBH.

I re-measured the ignition advance, this is done by fitting a timing wheel, marking the flywheel and marking the crankcase or fitting a scale like I did with TDC, 10, 20 and 30 degrees on it. You then fire up the saw and strobe it with a timing gun.

Bugger, it was running at around 40 degrees rather than around 30:scared1: The spec states 27.5 - 32 degrees.

Refitted the flywheel and double bugger, it was now at around 50 degrees:scared1::scared1: The scale needs to be re-graduated each time the flywheel is moved on the crank but it was 50 and kicked like a mule. I have fitted a decomp - a Husqvarna large holed one that makes it a little easier to spin over.

Did the flywheel move again, there is no key on the crank and adjustment is a bit hit and miss but the scale and a piston stop helps. The measurement this time was 30 degrees and checking a normal MS660 was 25 degrees so am happy with that, the extra advance will give more torque and a brief go showed it seemed to go much better.

1.jpg.5d2049af1dad579ace0302874cb6e985.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, wisewood said:

Has anyone ever ported a leaf blower?
I’ve got an old echo es2100 that would benefit from a boost emoji1.png

I think Spud has ...........Think it was his own .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1