Cheap low quality mail order chainsaws.

2stroke-ady

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly my point, won't be long before container loads of better quality saws hit the markets.

Perhaps the Danarm brand should be bolstered, couple of million should do it. Quick visit to Beijing build a Husky- Stihl, evolution saw.

"Buy British, buy Danarm" I can visualise the union jack on the bar.:biggrin:

H-A

they are still trading strong in the garden machinery market but no chainsaws as yet hopefully in the future though :thumbup::thumbup:

Just had a chap phone up for advice about a Landmaster chainsaw he'd bought on the internet. He'd used it twice and now it won't start. I told him it was probably a low quality chinese machine and to contact who he'd bought it from. I thought I'd have a look on the web and found this Petrol 58cc 3.4hp Chainsaw, Two Quality Chains, 20? Bar & Carry Case, 2014 Model | eBay

It doesn't inspire confidence when the saw in the pictures has got the chain on BACKWARDS!!:thumbdown:

Hi

I trust you told him to chuck it in the bin, dont waste your time with such rubbish.

N

Another thing that occurred to me is how come these saws don't appear to have to meet the emissions legislation that Husky, Stihl etc keep banging on about???? :confused1:

For exactly the same reason some Chinese electronics have a CE mark. They just print out the relevant documentation & dont give a toss about reality.

The sooner people wise up to this dangerous rubbish the better.

N

For exactly the same reason some Chinese electronics have a CE mark. They just print out the relevant documentation & dont give a toss about reality.

It's the Chinese equivalent mark isn't it ? I have a 25cc Chinese top handle which did a job I bought it for, it's a bit plasticky but I wouldn't say it's dangerous in any way and it was dirt cheap compared to a Stihl or Husqvarna even second hand.

I think the Chinese get asked to make a saw for pence ..so they oblige . I recon if you gave them a bigger budget it would be a better saw ......

They already do just that.

They build to the spec that the buyer wants, so if a Western buyer wants 1000 saws to sell at £80, he can have them. They will be crap, with low quality alloys, poor plastics, copy carbs and chains, and a very short 'design life'. When sold, it is the Western company that is ripping off the end user, not China.

If, however a Western company of good repute visit the Chinese factory and discuss the build quality, they can have saws built to much higher standards. this is what Rochfords have done with the Mitox range. They specified the saw with better plastics, walbro carb, oregon bar and chain, and a longer 'design life'. It costs them more, and sells at a higher price.

The Mitox is still only a domestic saw, and is aimed only domestic users. If Mitox were to spec the saws even higher they could have a Pro Quality saw, but it would be way higher in price.

You will not be seeing Stihl or Huskie quality products on the market at the low prices that have been mentioned on this thread.