Volkswagen Amorak or maybe something different!

WillTimberlake

Just looking at upgrading, and correct me if I'm wrong, it's not that hard to move a winch from one truck to another? Just a case of different fixings etc? Am I right?

Nope you are wrong. Moving to same make and model is a doddle (see what I did there:laugh1:)

Moving from one make to another is probably going to need a new bumper or some serous bodging

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's an 07 had it 3 yrs and now has 80k on it.

Consider all then make a choice , modern vehicles are all trouble at times even hilux so test em all first.

I will check them all out when it's time to change but would consider a navara again.

I've had 2x Navaras from new - a 56 plate and now a 59 plate. The 56 plate went into limp home mode a couple of times in 3 yrs/70k miles but it cleared as soon as it was turned off/on again - other than that it never missed a beat. The dealer couldn't trace the fault. The 59 plate has now done 46k and has been faultless. They actually tow well, but I wouldn't tow heavy stuff on a daily basis as I think the clutch would soon fail (1st gear is quite high).

If I was buying new right now I would certainly consider another Nissan, or alternatively the Isuzu or big engined Ranger. Hilux is too much money for basically the same vehicle IMO, and underpowered unless you get the 3l engine (for which you will pay mega bucks). I'm not personally a fan of the L200 but I believe they are more reliable now than they used to be. There are certainly plenty about - I would imagine you would find one of these at the right money fairly easily. I don't like the small engine in the Amarok - that must be a pretty stressed unit in that truck if worked hard.

Don't fear the Nissan!!!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1388688942.418096.jpg.f2c34404bdefd41a41543c3047865613.jpg

Iv had a 12 plate Amarok highline for six months now, I can't fault it in anyway ! Fuel for a big truck is very economical 35-45 mpg, off road is more than adequate never needed a tow out of trouble. You have selectable two/four wheeled drive high and low ratio. Vw electronic off road system is always there when you need it, hill decent control is handy plus the hill hold feature stops you rolling back when gears are engaged allowing you to release the foot brake. I love it because when I need to do some 4x4 or loading wood/saws/fuel/climbing kits it's fine and if iv got a long motor way trip it's comfy plus able to sit at 75mph with ease.

If you can get to a VW commercial center I'd suggest taking one out for a test drive !

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1388688923.632904.jpg.798555ae13e45aa26058b5b3b1779725.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1388688903.351310.jpg.5a44d6535391df8914fd6f795f7b1812.jpg

I went Chinese with a Great Wall steed , don't laugh to much at the prospect of it either , mine has done 15000miles in 6 Months and has been faultless so far... But also has a 6 year warrantee or 125000miles ... A lot cheaper than the completions too as you would imagine being Chinese , but very good quality Work truck. Only issue you may Have is the 2.5t towing limit .... Worth a look though :001_smile: