A quick Hello from Croatia

Stompy

Hey guys, thanks very much for the warm welcome and kind words, much appreciated by all here :)

It has been an interesting, busy and eventful year and quite an experience so far.

My place is about 50km (check me out with me euro measurements!) east of Zagreb in a little place called Novaki near Dubrava..... It's funny how many Brits I talk to who were here in Yugoslavia's and later Croatia's rather troubled recent history but not so much recently, especially inland where we are.

Anyway a few pics......

The first time we saw our future house ( Nov 2011, minus 9 degrees that day )

camera223_zpsf04fea0a.jpg

A pic from across the road (dirt track) in the summer with Sam my pooch having his daily cool down swim

DSC_0824_zps3ee3d959.jpg

View across our fields.....

DSC_0783_zpsf40054b2.jpg

And a sunset shot out the back....

DSC_0668_zps150288da.jpg

It's all changed so much now but a life times worth of work ahead..... but it's the best decision we ever made.

Thank again for all your warm welcomes, look forward to joining some of the other threads.

Cheers for now guys

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Welcome & well done, we moved to France 3 years ago, no regrets at all.

Im sure life will be challenging but rewarding in many ways

& on Monday mornings you can let out an enormous fart & enjoy a few more minutes before starting your day!

Bon Chance

N

Stravo! Drago mi je stompy, i travel in the Balkans ALLOT (my avatar is from when i was in the dinaric alps on the serb/ bosnian border), what felling experience do you have? if you like maybe i could stop by and give you a crash course?

so long as you have two tree's hammock distance apart and don't mind me stopping for a couple of days id be delighted to show you some tricks of the trade. I work both climbing in the uk and as a trainer.

i'm next out in the winter (mid feb to march) but will be out again at the end of july for a month or 2.

email me at [email protected] if your interested!

Do vidjenja!

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys.....

explorer_ arb - Bok, kako ste? Hvala za poruku, učenje jezika polako, ali to je teško. :)

I've not get a massive amount of forestry experience but can get a tree on the deck safely, nothing compared to the skill of the guys on here. Always willing to learn new skills though, especially like to learn some climbing basics.

We can do better than somewhere to string up your hammock if you fancy popping by for a few days, our door is always open to visitors and my good lady cooks up some fantastic grub. And there is always plenty of our homemade Rakija, šljivovica and Crno Vino on tap :)

My woodworking workshop is set up here if you fancy a few days of crash course furniture making as a skill swap?

Anyway I'll swing an e mail your way in a couple of days mate

Pozdravi

Welcome to the forum, would you mind popping up a few pictures of the contra?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Sure, only got the ones from the advert at the mo.....

Contra_zps2585f974.jpg

contra2_zpsa1cef3ff.jpg

Seems to be alot of Contra's 090's and 070's for sale here.....