Hi-viz

WillTimberlake

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any hi viz is good , the cyclists around my way wear black cycling gear.

The worst wore camo top and grey bottoms, almost ran him over.

I personally rate the yellow type, but the reflective tape plays a very important role and is vital in low light conditions.

H-A

The futures bright the futures orange.

Used to wear yellow but don't now. Slave to fashion.

Insect thing was also a factor in the change. Not a fan of mixing them though, looks a bit haphazard IMO. So orange gloves,eardefenders,helmet,pants that sort of thing.

As long as they're clean it doesn't matter. Makes me laugh when I see people working on the roads with filthy hi-viz. They might as well be wearing camo gear for all the good it does.

Hi-viz jackets clean up a treat if you douse in washing up liquid and give a quick scrub with a stiff brush prior to washing with normal washing powder in a machine.

Woodland groups I sometimes work with, all have hi-viz green.

I remember some years ago, doing a recce with some fellow. I knew there'd would be a 'National Trust' forestry team at the far side of the wood. So we donned hi-viz yellow and std. white lids. We were 100m away and on top of the hill above them. When this irate forester comes pounding uphill and screams in my face to vacate the wood. That we were preventing them felling a 70' birch. Because in his words, our hi-viz made us plain to see. But we weren't wearing orange lids. Apart from orange lids, they themselves weren't wearing any hi-viz. Had no signs up and hadn't cordoned off a work area.

Horses for courses and whatever's on their own RAs. (Before some bright spark pipes up.) I'd done my own RA for that recce. And I knew that the forestry team had it on their RA, that we'd be in the wood in that day.

Edited by TGB