Converting a Dropside pickup to a Tipper

arniecardigan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get more bang for your buck with older trucks than you do with older arb gear, due to the higher prevalence and less specialized nature of older vehicles. Simples.

If you had to run either a 2k LDV and a brand new chipper, or a brand new Transit and a 2k chipper, what do you think would give the least hassle/most profit? Image aside.

You get more bang for your buck with older trucks than you do with older arb gear, due to the higher prevalence and less specialized nature of older vehicles. Simples.

If you had to run either a 2k LDV and a brand new chipper, or a brand new Transit and a 2k chipper, what do you think would give the least hassle/most profit? Image aside.

i would get a 2,yr old & 2,yr old chipper simples :biggrin:

Hmmmm it seems there is a difference of opinion here!! Can you retain the body or not that it the question and I guess the answer will be determined by the vehicle and its original back end!

Interesting thoughts though so keep them coming.

As some of you may be aware from the last thread I started I am looking for a new crewcab tipper for £2000 ish or less. well I have found a truck that it well inside the budget but is a dropside so do I buy and convert or just hold out for a tipper to come along?

i would certainly hold out for a tipper. they come along thick and fast on ebay etc. i would try and save another £500-£1000 and you can get a nice tipper for that.

i would certainly hold out for a tipper. they come along thick and fast on ebay etc. i would try and save another £500-£1000 and you can get a nice tipper for that.

Tend to agree. Lots of tippers about so have a good look online. For the money i'd say that'd be your best bet. Good luck :001_smile:

Now Now it seems like we have a difference of opinion!

I tend to agree with the buy older side! My brother in law once made the comment to me when we were both looking for vehicles "you can't get a decent vehicle for less than four grand" he then went and spent five grand on volvo thing and I went and spent £1200 on an Nreg audi 80 19tdi estate with full service history and 80,000 miles!! In two years of ownership he had to spend another two grand on computer related sensor mumbo jumbo issues and I had to spend £1.23 on a bulb!!! unfortunately my audi got written off after a collision with a drunk driver otherwise I'd still have it!! His volvo eventually got sold for £1500 after costing him an arm and a leg!!

Old but well looked after is the way for me!!