Mild continuous cold/catarrah remedy rqd?

cessna

Do any of you, that are processing firewood ,suffer with a continuous mild cold/catarrah through the winter months as I do. If so, do any of you have a suggested remedy, "I KNOW RETIRE TO THE SUN !! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I do try use a mask or helmet with visor ,as I think the minute particles of saw dust that one cannot hardly see may be the problem.

Edited by cessna
bad spelling

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you, that are processing firewood ,suffer with a continuous mild cold/catarrah through the winter months as I do. If so, do any of you have a suggested remedy, "I KNOW RETIRE TO THE SUN !! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I do try use a mask or helmet with visor ,as I think the minute particles of saw dust that one cannot hardly see may be the problem.

When I purchased the processor I noticed that every time I used it for a day I would then go on to feel blocked up headache difficulty breathing. Started wearing a mask and it' does not happen. So me thinks fine saw dust or hydraulic oil that is used to lubricate bar been breathed in as a fine mist.

I've spent my life around wood, sawdust and engines and I have a constant battle with Flem and coughing up stuff.

It's fine outdoors but indoors I get clogged up a lot more.

Glad it's not just me Stephen. I've had several operations on my nose and have put much of it down to hay fever with all the Pine pollen in NZ. It's worst in the morning or at night when I'm lying down. Blocked dry nose followed by constant coughing in the morning and a runny nose. It clears after about an hour or two. It only improves when I haven't been working with saws for a few days, like now. Once I'm back on the saws it's a constant issue.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

My dad got his lungs checked a couple of years back and the results were more like a 30 year old heavy smoker not a 66 year old never a smoker!:confused1:

Machines, saws and a lifetime of cutting trees and grass! = big set of mucky lungs!:thumbdown:

Even as a kid I was always getting shouted at for hawching up and snorting!:confused1:

I have a damaged left bit of my nose up near my eye where i got glassed years ago, there's loads of scar tissue so that's side constantly blocked, on a very rare occasion, usually in bed it will clear and I can breath through it, honestly it's like my nostril is the size of a bin lid, it's amazing!!:thumbup:

Then it clogs up for another few months:001_rolleyes:

I need to go to drs to find out a bit more.

In the last 2 years I've become allergic to shellfish and my dogs.

I put it down to stress at the time, but that's a self diagnosis.

I've started using my sons inhaler here and there and I think it helps, this thread has given me the little push to go back to the drs, last time I went I got a nasal spray for a post natal drip which I'd forgotten about until my wife told me tonight after reading her this thread.

I'm very sensitive to smells even with a blocked up half runny nose!

I'm always around some sort of engine fumes and sawdust and in the last month bonfires so maybe its just my body trying to fight all that.

My dad died age 50. When we got the coroners report his lungs were clogged as though he smoked 100 cigs a day although he never smoked in his life. Analysis revealed the particles were lignum vitae sawdust which he processed on a daily basis manufacturing ship propellor bearings. Needless to say I always wear a proper mask, engineers glasses and ear protectors.