Compulsory drugs testing

arbogrunt

You need to read the thread from the beginning Monkeyd if your having a dig at me.

There is no place for drugs in the workplace, some people are trying to justify that there is, no relation to mewps whatsoever :wave:

No dig intended at your goodself Pecon.

MEWP bit was just an analogy.

FTR, if i was to jump on board, i'd be sailing on your ship.... whoops i guess i just did.

My point is, the posts on this thread are just going round and round, quite like alot of debate here on the forum.

And Steve if your reading, that's not a pop at the site, you would know from some of my previous that i reckon were all on to a winner here.

But.....it might be an idea for self sensorship whilst posting to help control repitition.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No dig intended at your goodself Pecon.

MEWP bit was just an analogy.

FTR, if i was to jump on board, i'd be sailing on your ship.... whoops i guess i just did.

My point is, the posts on this thread are just going round and round, quite like alot of debate here on the forum.

And Steve if your reading, that's not a pop at the site, you would know from some of my previous that i reckon were all on to a winner here.

But.....it might be an idea for self sensorship whilst posting to help control repitition.

:icon14::wave::heeeelllllooooo:

Smack me in the mouth? Ha, bring that on. You'll be unpleasantly surprised, and afterwords I'll blow smoke in your face.

Then you'll be "hi."

Tough talk for an old man. I have been boxing since the age of 14 and ultimate fighting at national level for 6 years so I do have some experience at smacking people in the mouth masterblaster.:proud:

Knock yourself out. Literally.

Blokes like YOU need to CHILL.

I am chilled - and without the use of any illegal substances. Just think it's unbelievable that anyone could think it's acceptable to be climbing trees with a chainsaw whilst under the influence of drugs! It put's everyone in the gang at risk. Not to mention the fact that most of my customers would never have me back again! Not exactly the company image I'm looking for.

I'm reminded of America's favorite pastime - baseball and football. Our winning teams can't be winning without the broadscale use of drugs - just like our bicycle champions, running athletes, and fighter pilots (sorry about those friendly-fire incedents).

Individual honor dictates one's use or abuse of drugs, and the workplace (just as in sports competition) is no place for cheating - just because as a culture we learn to cheat doesn't mean as individuals we should.

Save pot for afterwards, and don't do steroids if you come within my proximity, ever.

I felt impaired when I have tried it, so that means everyone else will be impaired, it depends whether they realise it or not.

I am a firm believer that anyone who drives whilst stoned should have been shot at birth.

rember your first beer? w*****ed i bet? no?

there is a huge difference between tried and do, i have smoked weed for the last 4 years and i do agree while working i wouldnt want it, but take a dive into the building trade, i worked on a site for 2 months on a roof and it was constant, smoking while sitting on the apex angle grinding and i didnt supply any of it!!!!! while people say its rife in arb work then they seriously need to look at all the other trades, just thinking about it i no firms that are owned by coke heads, and guess what they do every hour:adore:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also any one who drives while having a spliff?? ive had 3 minor crashes and 2 major in my first years of driving, none was due to being stoned, in fact 1 was because i couldnt take my eyes of some gammon the other side of the road, and to be quite honest the old bill have caught me a few times in my car when i have been stoned and worse and they never knew, soo much for the law!!!!

all in all it shouldnt not be done and anyone who is professional shouldnt do drugs AT WORK.