stuff keep being stolen?

Albe013

This will go on for as long as there are 3 factors present;

1) A group of people who view theft as a preferable option to honest work.

2) A supply of kit available to steal and a ready market to move it on.

3) Insufficient deterrents in place to make living by dishonest means a viable choice.

I don't pretend to know the answers but how to alter one or all of the above is definitely the question. :001_smile:

4) The potential Reward far outweighs the Risk.Property owners are not allowed to defend their property by force and should they, the perpetrators have the backing of the law/and or feel save in retribution.

I feel sorry for the business owners in the UK.However its going the same way here since a certain Social Group began arriving each Summer in increasing numbers.I used to leave my Tracked Chipper on a Trailer by the Roadside and often a Van full of gear in front of it.

Those days are gone.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS DATATAG STILL AVAILABLE AS I USED IT ON MY JET SKI YEARS AGO MICRO DOT ALL OVER IT EVEN IN THE SPONGE SEAT FIBERGLASS ETC ETC OR EVEN THE DOG TAGGING CHIP SYSTEM DOES THAT ROUTE WORK ????

AS YOU ALL WELL KNOW THEY WILL TAKE YOUR GEAR IF THEY WANT IT ENOUGH BY WAITING FOR A CHANCE WHEN YOUR GEAR IS AN EASY TARGET IE A CAMERA WONT WORK THROUGH A HUDDY ETC OR A LIGHT DOES,NT DETER THEM EITHER SO ONLY A PERSON ON WATCH WILL WORK UNLESS ITS UNDER YOUR PILLOW IN BED WITH YOU ETC SO ONLY OTHER WAY IS TO TRACK IT MARK IT PAINT IT PINK WHATEVER . I know it does,nt fix the fact its gone and you need it now etc but it does reduce the odds you get it back one day

as you all know the plant you use to work & earn a crust etc is saleable item so any manufacturer out there know its best not to bother to make such items tracable as they know you will be back to buy more thus make more from there product so love this sort of thing happening as they make more profits from more sales etc. I wish you all pleasant and loving christmas with your familys & friends and have prosper next year take care guys and good health in the future too you all deserve it for the hard work you do

4)

I feel sorry for the business owners in the UK.However its going the same way here since a certain Social Group began arriving each Summer in increasing numbers.I used to leave my Tracked Chipper on a Trailer by the Roadside and often a Van full of gear in front of it.

Those days are gone.

This is exactly what I'm talking about - Does anyone have any evidence to support the claim that this type of crime is actually increasing other than anecdotal evidence or a vague feeling that things were better in the good old days before the forrins?

This is exactly what I'm talking about - Does anyone have any evidence to support the claim that this type of crime is actually increasing other than anecdotal evidence or a vague feeling that things were better in the good old days before the forrins?

Well....

In fifteen years the grand total of Chipper thefts in Bergen was......0

Then the Caravan Club began having its Summer Jamboree/Tarmacing Comps and now three Chippers have gone in as many years.

Purely by coincidence of course.

Perhaps you may revisit your question if you are unfortunate enough to be a victim of organized crime:thumbdown:. Since the Government and through extension the Police are not willing to take this epidemic of theft seriously the results will continue to get worse. At least here in this country there are still ways of dealing with thieves inside and outside the legal system:sneaky2:

I suspect it will come to that in the UK someday when enough people have had enough and enough Insurance policies have been canceled:sneaky2:

When is enough, enough?.

easy-lift guy

the theft of gear has gone up not because it is on this site only have to be around tree surgeons and most weeks so and so was cleared out.

so its has got worse. and all the time local police just hand out crime numbers like the euro lottery with less chance of winning it will carry on as for te suppliers well they are doing ok. but there not imune from being done over. forest and arb 100k of kit stolen from them never did get those who did it even with dna from blood spilt. whats the awnser to stop it being knicked. containers cut them open block or brick buildings knock holes in them.

do not know be a rich man if i knew what to do to keep stuff safe.

the theft of gear has gone up not because it is on this site only have to be around tree surgeons and most weeks so and so was cleared out.

so its has got worse. and all the time local police just hand out crime numbers like the euro lottery with less chance of winning it will carry on as for te suppliers well they are doing ok. but there not imune from being done over. forest and arb 100k of kit stolen from them never did get those who did it even with dna from blood spilt. whats the awnser to stop it being knicked. containers cut them open block or brick buildings knock holes in them.

do not know be a rich man if i knew what to do to keep stuff safe.

Only if the will of the people comes first will the Government have to do the right thing about this Pox that I have read about on AT for the Last 3 years.

Here would be my solutions to the problem of theft for this industry:

1. Apprehend or catch criminals in the act.

2. If no known criminal record, 2 Years mandatory jail term HARD Labor.

3. If record does exist for legal citizens of the UK 10 Years mandatory jail term HARD Labor.

4. Non resident or illegal Alien living in the UK Immediate DEPORTATION or exile if no country is willing to take them back.

That would be a good start.

BTW, if these measures seem to harsh to the reader just remember that the thieves are counting on you to maintain their lifestyle that they have become accustomed to. It is really you against them, Wake up while you still have choices left.

easy-lift guy

The problem is, as the years go by the rights of every human being are being are being improved. Unfortunately the rights of thieves and people who break the law are also closely protected.

In my mind as soon as you breach the rights of another individual, you should lose all the rights that used to protect you. You certainly shouldn't be able to screw over society and then go crying to the same legal system that you were so happy to ignore for protection from the consequences!

I wonder who dreams up these ideas? I certainly don't know anyone who would wish to protect a thief? Prisoners having the right to watch tv, to have a hot meal three times a day etc. They should be made to work, and no work should equal no food or tv. If I don't go to work I don't get any food and will lose the roof over my head. Why should their life be easier than mine?:confused1:

If you suspect travellers, bear in mind they are very superstitious

Scrap yard owner told me to put something to do with death near entrance because they will not pass it ( he used scrap hearse)

After localthefts I made fake coffin lid and attached to entrance gate ( no problems but rotted away now)

I have seen a plastc skelton under the cattle grid as well ( that was by ex-police solicitor)

Discussed it with police and they confirm travellers are VERY SUPERSTITIOUS and agreed above could well work

Simple n cheap