rope guide

John Shutler

Yeah only had it couple months its a dodle to retrieve i am yet to get it stuck and i do try lol.

if you want one hurry i got it for 199 but now there 250 and i think may go up again.

Must say really well built and makes climbing a breeze you can zip up a tree with very little effort and you dont get tired after many goes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must admit im not too impressed by the rope guide it takes a lot of effort to pull your self up on larger trees as there is no friction at all ,it can make a vt jam! it wears out friction cord and glazes rope much quicker,ill stick to a cambium saver thanks........

must admit im not too impressed by the rope guide it takes a lot of effort to pull your self up on larger trees as there is no friction at all ,it can make a vt jam! it wears out friction cord and glazes rope much quicker,ill stick to a cambium saver thanks........

I have not had this problem ??. It requires a readjustment of your technique.:blushing:

how do you get it up the tree? i cant work it out:confused1:

it must be possible to set it useing a throw line but i cant figure it out?

It think it involves some kind of lost Voodoo art that no-one will divulge!!:001_tongue:

99% of the time its easier to climb up, then set it.

if you have to do that then its a waste of time

surely the most benifit will be on long straight free hanging climbs with a hitch climber. :confused1: if you have to climb up to put it in whats the point?

makes the rest of the climb easy, you could set up a cambium saver to get to height then a rope guide once you have your top anchor. bit more hassle to retieve than a cambium saver but much smoother

Jamie

Footlock or SRT up to your anchor then install your rope guide. Ive put some pics up on some thread somewhere showing how to do it from the ground but its a bit of hassle. They fully make climbing easier once you get used to them -harder at first but instead of fighting friction, you move. but can be disconcerting at first. They are $820+vat in NZ!!!!!

had a go on one last weekend its good to climb on

but i still think the biggest benifit would be on long climbs when you first go up

but it would need to be installed with a throw line to do that?