Customer with a saw in his shed

Stihlben

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same saw as mine 024 i take it everywhere with me and my little doggy looks after it with a snarl if you even walk near my jeep you get the teeth at the window lol. I often get asked why is the dog so snarly etc and i reply he only goes for gays or richard heads i usually get iam not a blaa blaa i just reply you dont have to tell me tell the dog lol

ps good little saw i got mine for £75 and its done loads of arb waste for my logburner :thumbup:

We turned up to quote for a garden renovation this summer and found a nearly new petrol mower in the middle of the overgrown lawn.

The property owner didn't know it was there!

It belonged to the guy who had originally been taken on to cut the grass, in fact you could see he had got a couple of metres into the garden before either the mower or himself gave up and he must have walked away and forgotten about it...bizzare!

The owner told us to take it to the tip.

So we took it to our mechanic and 80euros later have a 500euro mower...K'ching!

Ty

Got given a 2007 Mac Cat 438 which still has the original chain and bar on it. The chain is a bit worn but the rest of the saw is immaculate. opened it up to discover no filter, 4 quid on ebay to purchase one from ghs. 14'' bar so it will do as a back up to my smaller stihl 025. I ditched the old petrol and put some fresh in and it started on the 3rd pull. The oil tank had the residues of red 2 stroke oil being used as bar lubricant. Funnily enough I also saw this in a ms250 last week and in about 20 years of using saws had never seen this before. How do folk rate the Mac?

Ive never been offered a chain saw but I did pick up a double doored multi fuel stove they used out side as a patio heater, they asked me to "chuck it out side for the tat man" which we did ...strait onto the pick up, up my mates got it shot blasted and new glass and rope seal, banged it on ebay £400 that did me nice !!

• 4 months later...

It's happened again, got given another stihl saw whilst on today's job! Just clearing up at the end of the day when the customer said they had an old saw in the garage and would I like it as it hadn't been used since his father passed away.

Got it home put some fresh fuel in and it started on the second pull!

Stihl 08s with chain break, cleanest one I've ever seen, only thing wrong with it is the chain is on backwards....

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1399444298.078223.jpg.336dc85aa966a5c829b18fb6f81246f0.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1399444272.100808.jpg.1fdfb6ca1ed213e5c9e7b4fc065f12c0.jpg