xmas shotguns.......

chris hennelly

My 7 year old daughter has a 410 she has been using it for about a year. the main problem we had was the length of the stock but the old boy over the road made her a new one for it, its not much more than a pistol grip with a sholder pad but the FA officer was happy enough with it.

id avoid the 9mm and as for the 410 i think its far safer to learn with a break barrel. although you will have to pay more for one than a bolt action.

i would love a 9mm shot gun (garden gun) to use insteed of .22 with shot shells for inside sheds

I had one for that very use, and i was really disappointed with it. Went back to using the air rifle in the end.

It was good in the sense that it didn't damage the shed roof but at the same time did little more than give the target a bit of a shock.

Dare say it might have been OK on soft stuff like rats but I sold it before I got that far.

The 9mm cartridges are not far off twice the price of a .410 cartridge. And if you're hoping to have any impact on anything that's more than 5-10 yards away then think again, they're seriously underpowered at anything further than that range. They do have their uses (I've used mine to get rid of wasps nests up in the loft!) but the .410 is a much better calibre.

first shotgun i ever fired was a webley 410 bolt action and my kids learnt to shoot with one and i still have it in the cabinet for my grandson if he wants to take it up,it was made in the early 60's i believe and has fired less than 150 cartridges ,i reckon since i first shot i have fired over 10,000 shells so it got me hooked!