Pain Killers ?

White Noise

May be a touchy subject I know but I find myself reaching for the Paracetamol , Ibuprofen or more often than normal of late the Co-codamol ? At 42 and nearing 43 I have had a very physical life and its now really showing . How many of you guys or girls delve into the painkilling realm ? Or am I in the minority .

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep quite often head for some Paracetamol as have a slipped disc that sometime plays up. Don't like taking things but it does help you to think strait when the pain is bad and my wife (almost trained nurse) assures me that Paracetamol by the directed dose has almost no long term affects as long as you are well hydrated and don't drink to much alcohol. Her words not mine :biggrin:

Yep quite often head for some Paracetamol as have a slipped disc that sometime plays up. Don't like taking things but it does help you to think strait when the pain is bad and my wife (almost trained nurse) assures me that Paracetamol by the directed dose has almost no long term affects as long as you are well hydrated and don't drink to much alcohol.

Thats nice to hear about the paracetamol :001_smile: Slipped disc sounds painful .

I used to live on a steady diet of ibuprofen due to a constantly bad back, they don't touch me now and I can't take cocodamol as they make me sick as a dog, back is alot better these days still gets bit stiff now and again but I know the warning signs, but if I get a headache now I have to take migraine tablets to get any sort of relief :001_cool:

@ 50 now my past has caught up with me too lying under trucks in all weathers gritters binwagons with airpipes ripped out with an old mattress on a slutchy landfill or repairing plant cat dozers 360,s etc etc i,am at times cant bend to pick a feather up i have to kneel then grunt gasp to get back up so yes i,am a life long pill popper i cant even get my kecks on in a morning as i cant lift my left leg hip kills me n you would piss yourself watching me trying to get down stairs in a morning i,am stiffer than elvis thesedays i walk like i,ve shite my pants at times with the pains n clunks from my neck knees shoulders etc

Thats nice to hear about the paracetamol :001_smile: Slipped disc sounds painful .

You would think so but apparently there was study where a sample of people where X-rayed and something like 1 in 4 of us have a slipped disc of sorts. Symptoms can go from no pain and no knowledge of it what so ever to paralysed.

Had a pretty active life too, both job wise and social activities (forces & kitesurfing) and at 48 I still pride myself on stepping up to the mark and matching and more often than not beating guys 10 - 15 years younger than myself on a day's work.

As winter kicks in I feel the knocks & if I have to will take co-codomal to get thru' a tough job - I've tried the fizzio side and can't wait for the several sessions to take effect, I'm very much a need it now type.

Can't rec Bowen Technique enough. I've put a lot of kitesurfing mates in touch with the lady that beats me up when I'm in trouble, instant results as long as you observe the guidelines that go with the treatment.

Pills are a short term fix, but an easy solution which as we get older seem more of an ''attraction" in that there is no fuss to be had. I try to steer away from them but have emphasis with the OP on why it happens.

Russ