Stolen Timber

Forest2Furniture

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i,ve got to say this my friend/neighbour john was having his firewood stolen and sat watching one day all quite in his back garden and this is very true he watched his own nextdoor neighbour throw a dart with a string on into his logpile and spent about 5 mins doing this nicking his firewood before the thieving sod noticed john sat watching him they never spoke to each other ever again john told me if he had asked he would of give him some to but to steal is so wrong in my book

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: brilliant!

for the record I can and do think for myself, and don't read any newspapers, all im saying is these scumbags can afford to run a vehicle and have non essential luxuries but instead of paying for firewood they go and pinch other peoples, that's ok in your book is it?

No offence intended Sorry if my reply sounded wrong but as i put in my post i do not agree with theft at all, all i said was that i think firewood theft will become more of a problem with the current climate ie Food banks ect, it just saddens me that people come out with comments like

got the latest I phone and smoking 60 a day which i think is just media scandal mongering swallowed by the masses for instance 60 fags per day@ £7.50 per 20 packet= 22.50 x 7 days = £157.50 all on £71.00 per week Job Seekers Allowance, Of course this may not apply to OP.

No offence intended Sorry if my reply sounded wrong but as i put in my post i do not agree with theft at all, all i said was that i think firewood theft will become more of a problem with the current climate ie Food banks ect, it just saddens me that people come out with comments like

got the latest I phone and smoking 60 a day which i think is just media scandal mongering swallowed by the masses for instance 60 fags per day@ £7.50 per 20 packet= 22.50 x 7 days = £157.50 all on £71.00 per week Job Seekers Allowance, Of course this may not apply to OP.

You are assuming that people don't buy cigarettes 'under the counter' and that they don't work cash in hand and claim benefits. Before you get offended, I'm not saying that everybody on benefits is cheating the system but I could introduce you to many examples that are. :001_smile:

Yes but a great many of the people on benefits are not on JSA, when the government put a cap on combined benefits of £500 per week!!! there was out cry.

I know people try to pretend that people don't chose to be on befits and all really want to work, but thats unfortunately not true.

Only yesterday I was talking to a guy who works at a job centre in a very deprived part of the country, he really struggles as his most of his clients are only interest in maintaing their current benefits and have no interest in finding work. What really surprised me was he said people actually move into deprived areas as its easier to stay on benefits in those areas:thumbdown:

Yes but a great many of the people on benefits are not on JSA, when the government put a cap on combined benefits of £500 per week!!! there was out cry.

I know people try to pretend that people don't chose to be on befits and all really want to work, but thats unfortunately not true.

Only yesterday I was talking to a guy who works at a job centre in a very deprived part of the country, he really struggles as his most of his clients are only interest in maintaing their current benefits and have no interest in finding work. What really surprised me was he said people actually move into deprived areas as its easier to stay on benefits in those areas:thumbdown:

I have come across this in the past. Unfortunately these people have a vote at election time and given a job they do more damage in the work place its easier and cheaper to keep them where they are. When carrying out interviews some of the people said they were forced to get interviews or loose benefits if offered the job they would not make a good employee wink wink. Time it got sorted out still plenty of coal in the mines and fruit to pick.

You are assuming that people don't buy cigarettes 'under the counter' and that they don't work cash in hand and claim benefits. Before you get offended, I'm not saying that everybody on benefits is cheating the system but I could introduce you to many examples that are. :001_smile:

I wont get offended, but by the govs own figures benefit fraud is less than 2%

I also know some workshy tossers, but i think its a small minority, i personally know quite a few people that would kill for a full time job even at NMW!

Please tell me skyhuck if they are not on JSA what benefit you are referring

too?:confused1:

I wont get offended, but by the govs own figures benefit fraud is less than 2%

I also know some workshy tossers, but i think its a small minority, i personally know quite a few people that would kill for a full time job even at NMW!

Are the Government figures the amount that are caught or the amount that they estimate are on the fiddle? :001_smile: